problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller: ERROR (RESOLVED)

Started by gaz, July 06, 2008, 15:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaz

Hi All,

I am new to Virtuemart and am in the process of setting up my first Joomla site with Virtuemart.

I'm using Joomla 1.0.15 & VM 1.1.1.

All is going well except the Paypal payment. I'm using Paypal Express and get the following error "We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller." with both the paypal sandbox account I'm testing with and the live paypal account I intend using. So I do not think it is a problem with the email address I'm entering in the Config for paypal.

The other thing that is happening is that from the checkout I'm getting to paypal, doing the sign in for the purchaser confirming the details & payment then paypal kicks me out to a sign in screen again. I sign back in, confirm the details & payment again & that's when I get directed to the page that says there is a problem with the email address.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on a fix for this.

Cheers
Gaz

gaz

It took a little while to find the fix for this problem but here is the answer.

If for any reason you do not collect the users street address the address1 param you are sending to Paypal would be "", this causes Paypal a bit of a problem.

To fix it open the Paypal Payment Method and go to the "Configuration" tab and find the line;
"address_override" => "1",
And change it to
"address_override" => "0",

Hope this helps.

Cheers