News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Processing Credit Card through Paypal

Started by forefeat, February 08, 2010, 00:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forefeat

Hello

I feel as though there is a very straightforward solution somewhere, but my reading of the forum hasn't turned it up. Please help!

I would like to process credit cards through vituemart / payPal and need to know how this is achieved through Virtuemart's PayPal payment method.

I am currently using the ps_paypal.php class and HTML-form based type. When checking out there is no option to enter credit card details - it seems to assume that the email address with which I have registered is also a Paypal account address.

I'm in New Zealand if it as a country specific issue I would also like to have this confirmed.

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Paypal does not offer the credit card option in all countries. NZ may be one of those that does not.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gyurltrini

Ok, I had the same problem with one of my sites where the person testing it is in Canada. I do not think it has anything to do with the country you are in ... I noticed that when the Credit Card module is set to paypal html based form, it gives this problem ... when you change that configuration to payment processor or credit card, then you get the option to enter the credit card information. I have not tested it out as yet, but I will.

hotelathome

Did you ever get this sorted out?
I am in Australia, and for some reason, when my customers get put through to paypal, if they have a paypal account it's fine, but if they try to enter their credit card details, it just isn't accepting.