News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I enable UPS?

Started by z-analysts, July 03, 2008, 17:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z-analysts

I'm running VM 1.1.0 and Joomla 1.5.2. My site is http://vm.zclientdev.net

I configured the UPS shipping module however it does not appear "Enabled" in the Shipping module list. How do  I enable UPS and disable the other options that are enable by default?

z-analysts

I figured out that I had to go to Configuration to enable/disable shipping modules.

donmarvin

Thanks for the info.  I had the same question.

Tachikoma

For those of you running 1.1, can you confirm that the UPS module is working for you?

Also, what versions of Joomla are you using?

Thanks,
Tachikoma
Joomla 1.5.4 on Siteground
Virtuemart 1.1.1

samoht

I have enabled the module but I get this error on my site??

Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 250003, Error Description: Invalid Access License number

Any Ideas why this would be?
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

dewguru

I am having the same issue samoht.  I thought it was because I didn't have a UPS account (so I created one), and then I wasn't certain where to place my account information (I ended up keying it directly into ups.cfg.php).

Still receiving the 250003 error.

Joomla 1.5, VM 1.10

samoht

dear dewguru,

I would not advise hard coding the info into ups.cfg.php
instead - since you have a developer key from UPS - simply get another access key.

{{** Make sure all your products have weights **))

then go to the "Shipping module list" in the left menu under "Store" (about halfway down)
and click on "UPS Configure Ship Method"

enter your new access key along with UPS user id and password. Then be sure to put the actual zip code of your store  in the "ship from zip code". Next select the UPS options you want to provide and your done with the set up.

Then go to Admin->Configuration and click on the "Shipping" tab. Make sure UPS online tools is selected.

This should have you all set. The two things most important for me were the getting a new access key, and making sure all my products had weights.

I am using Joomla! 1.5.5 VM 1.1.2 and sh404SEF-15 v.1.0.11 build 147 with SSL enabled, and currently all is working as it should.

hope this helps,
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

horizons.webmarketing

Just an FYI for anyone having problems after following samoht's post. Make sure you use an XML access key from UPS instead of an HTML access key. Up and running without any problems on J1.5.10 and VM 1.1.3.

To get an access key:
1) Go to www.ups.com 
2) If you don't already have a Myups User ID and Password, you will need to Register to create one, by clicking on LOGIN at top right of screen, and then click REGISTER (The username/password will be the USER ID and PASSWORD you use in the UPS VM shipper module.)
3) Then put the cursor over the Blue SUPPORT Tab and click on TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
4) Under TOOLS and RESOURCES, click on UPS ONLINE TOOLS
5) Click on GET TOOLS
6) Click on REGISTER in middle of screen
7) Follow Registration screens, and you will be sent a Developer's Key from UPS, via email in a few minutes
8) Go back to UPS.com > Support > Technology Support > Tools & Resources/Online Tools and under returning customers click get access key.
9) Select get XML access key
10) Enter your Developer's Key and hit submit - your UPS access key is displayed. This is the key you need to enter into the VM ship module.

bebory

Thank you so very much for all of this information.

I entered the access key and zip and other pertinent info and still got this error.

ups was not able to process this shipping rate request error code 250006 error description Invalid Access License number

any ideas - I tried all the numbers I've received and no success.

UPDATE - by accessing ups again and getting an XML access key I got the UPS info to show up - I only have one remaining issue and that is http error that is being shown

horizons.webmarketing

Link or more error info? Not sure I'd be any help but I'd be glad to take a look.

QubeSys Technologies

has anyone got any solution ?
Blissful!

shivanshu

i enable ups from configuration
and i configure it but still not display any shipping method.. >:(
please help me...