Author Topic: How to go direct to the products page without selecting Category? - SOLVED  (Read 1783 times)

Tse

• Beginner
    • Crazy-Cups
Hi,

I created a menu link 'Buy' to Virtue Mart.

When I click on this menu link 'Buy', it directs me to the Store page, and needs another click on the Category to be directed to the products page.

I have only 1 product category, so having visitors click one more time is not ideal.

How can I
1) when visitor clicks on the 'Buy' menu link, be directed straight to the products page.
2) at the products page, also display the stores information which i created in the Store Description configuration page?

Thanks in advance.

Tse

• Beginner
    • Crazy-Cups
Re: How to go direct to the products page without selecting Category?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:52:08 am »
I explored and found the solution:

1) When I created a menu item and pointed it to 'VirtueMart' there is an option to enter Product Id / Category Id. I entered the Category Id and the link brings visitors to the product page.

2) I moved the Store Description to the Category Description, so when the visitor clicks on the menu link, he is directed to the products page and the category description information is display at the top of the page.

Thanks for reading!

evanw

• Beginner
I just wanted to say that this is a GIANT LEAP for VIRTUEMART KIND. I have been looking for this solution for days. Now I found it. GRRRRRRRREAT! Thanks a bunch!
Regards,
Evan