Author Topic: [Fixed] Related Products Search/Addition is not working!  (Read 33653 times)

webmonkiee

• Beginner
[Fixed] Related Products Search/Addition is not working!
« on: July 03, 2008, 00:00:44 am »
I've seen multiple posts regarding this issue, but no responses with any kind of solution and no responses from moderators or developer/support.

J! 1.5.3
VM 1.1.1

When managing a product and trying to add a related product through the AJAX product search it does not work. Does not work when typing in a category or a product name. It very briefly show's it's attempting, by showing the drop down and the loading animation, but goes away after 1 second or so.

This is a very big problem. Could someone PLEASE reply with some kind of direction?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Related Products Search/Addition is not working!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:59 pm »
I works OK for me, so what is different? I am testing on Joomla! 1.5.3 eCommerce edition, Linux server, Apache2, PHP 5.2.5 with FireFox3 on XP Pro. Using only standard admin template. No mootools templates installed for front end, using only modules & plugins from the eComm package.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

webmonkiee

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 17:30:52 pm »
I'm using J! 1.5.3, Linux server, Apache2, PHP 5.2.5, have tested on FF2, FF3, Safari, Explorer 6 & 7, Opera, on XP, Vista, and Mac OS X.

I have a custom template, but that is only for the front end. It has no special js like mootools (other than what the cart uses).

I'm not using any modules on the backend. Front-end works fine. It's just the related products search on the Product admin in the backend. I'll attach a screen shot of the area I'm referring to.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 00:11:55 am »
Don't get it. It works just fine for me - yes the "drop down" box. Enter a cat or product name, hit CR & it works.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

webmonkiee

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21:09 am »
Still no go on this.

Can someone point me to the files that control the population of the related items AJAX drop down? I'll try to trouble shoot it.

webmonkiee

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:15:15 am »
Ok, so I haven't fixed this yet, but have figured out that it has something to do with having Jomcomment installed. There is some AJAX confliction somewhere.

webmonkiee

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:23:37 am »
I've found a fix. This is probably a very ugly hack, so if anyone has suggestions on how to clean it up please reply.

The problem with the related products search/addition in the VirtueMart product admin had to do with the Azrul system plugin that gets installed when you install Jomcomment or MyBlog. The plugin which is installed as plugins->system->azrul.system.php includes some ajax variables and a link to a javascript file that somehow interfere with the AJAX and javascript that are used to control the related product search in the VirtueMart admin.

What I did is added a if statement in the plugins->system->azrul.system.php file that returned true if the assigned template was "kherpi" (the default J! 1.5 admin template). So if the statement returned true it does not continue on with the function and the js does not get included.

What a pain in the ass! If anyone is interested more in how I got this to work send me a message or email and I'll be glad to try and help.

karabasik

• Beginner
Re: [Fixed] Related Products Search/Addition is not working!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 13:36:58 pm »
PLEASE tell me if it is possible to change this Ajax Related Products (does not work at all.. just showing the search endless) to a regular DROPDOWN menu

OR!!

How to update DB directly in order to assign the same related product to ALL products?

Please help, GURU's!
Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable
VirtueMart 1.1.0 stable

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 22:06:09 pm »
webmonkiee thank you for finding the reason behind this, I downloaded and tested jomcomment, confirmed issue is caused by 'Azrul.com System Mambot' now need to find a solution either by VM or Azrul.

@karabasik, make sure you don't have any ajax plugins installed if so disable and retry.

azrulrhm

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 04:49:38 am »
aravot, thanks for the notice. I've took a close look and it seems that VM did not anticipate anyone else using JSON library. So it try to include the same file when our system bot already include them.

Here is a simple solution. Edit the file

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/product.ajax_tools.php

Change line 85, into this

Code: [Select]
if(!defined('SERVICES_JSON_SLICE'))
    require_once(CLASSPATH . 'JSON.php');
I've test it and that should fix it. Hope that helps. Unfortunately, in this case, I think VM should add this little code, would be very hard for our plugin to detect and workaround this just for VM.

Lee Wilson

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 01:50:44 am »
Fantastic... just what the doctor ordered... thanks !

Mingus

• Beginner
    • Neting - realizzazione siti
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 13:16:42 pm »
Hi
I'm experiencing the same problem with the ajax related products.

I'm running
J 1.5.11
VM 1.1.3
Apache Version    Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch11 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8

I've checked both with ff, ie and safari, either with mac and pc. As components I have installed
chronoforms
xmap
jcrawler
extplorer
yommap

From what I can see...if the search doesn't return anything (as typing a random string such asvcvxsdjajd) I can see the system searching. If the search should return something, then nothing appears...

Plz help as I'm delivering an already completed project and this put all my work in a difficult position....
thank you

Luca
joomfish

Cupcaker

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 20:55:19 pm »
Well Same problem was here.
I simply uninstalled alled plugins, mods & coms like commuincator & Jform and it worked again.

Putty

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 19:51:56 pm »
Hello, there's the same problem with my Virtuemart. I've uninstalled xmap, and linkr components but still no working. How can I found what extension causes this problem?