News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Link to product is shown even when product page is no longer available

Started by davidm, July 02, 2008, 14:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidm

I am using the nightly build from 28 June with Joomla 1.5.3 and I have virtuemart set to "No Account Creation".

Virtuemart has as a great account.order_details page that the user can view following a successful PayPal payment.  This page clearly shows all the items that the user purchased with links to the product pages.  However, the product link(s) will fail if the item is out of stock and if the site is configured to only show items with stock.  To avoid the user seeing "Error: Sorry, but the Product you've requested wasn't found!", it would be good if the account.order_details page only showed the links if the product page will show the product.

Not a huge problem but I thought I should report it.

davidm

When I notice things like this with the current build release, is it enough to report them here or should I also add them to some kind of issue/bug tracking-system?

davidm

Any thoughts on my question? Are issues best reported here or should I be noting them somewhere else too?

aravot

Best place for suggestions / feature request is to create a feature request tracker, sometimes posts get lost in forum.

If you don't have an account create one and post over at http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/proj/tracker/browseTracker.do?tracker_id=3

korb

The vmproductsnapshot tpl maybe (not sure) also is related to this issue. It doesn't show "Notify me" if the product is out of stock and should redirect to "Notify me" page instead of outputing this error message.

In the tracker this should be moved to bug section.

Thank you David

davidm

Korb, I agree with you that this is a bug rather than a feature request because it isn't good to give customers a link to a product that cannot be displayed.

Peter, Are you OK with me moving the tracker entry from feature request to bugs?

davidm

See:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/issue/2268

(The feature request now has a link to this page.  It has been closed and marked a duplicate).