Author Topic: [Solved] Works sometimes, sometimes it doesnt. Cookie/Session Problem??  (Read 2303 times)

bio_andy

• Beginner
The web site I am working on currently is here:

http://www.wingchununiverse.com/joomla/

Something strange is occurring which MIGHT be a session/cookie problem? Can someone help me diagnose?

Here is what happens:

I'm using Firefox to test with. If I go and add a product to the cart, proceed tot he checkout then either enter a new user or login as an existing shopper I get to the "Shipping Address" part of the process. When I click next I am directed back to the login/create new user page.

For some strange reason this happens. What's weird is, a couple times I have closed my browser, gone back to the site and noticed my cart still had an item in it so I just proceeded to the check out to see what would happen and it worked fine. Picked up the postage method that I provided, proceeded to paypal (Which needed tweaking as the order looked funny in paypal).

I tried to play with module permissions and I have set it up to be pretty loosely configured in that there isn't much restriction imposed (Most modules are set to "none" and all other check boxes unticked as well as there coinciding functions).

I made sure the products I was testing with had all the weight/dimension values entered in. (i.e. in my case "Uniforms -> Sashes" is one of my test products)

I am using Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable and Virtuemart 1.1.1

bio_andy

• Beginner
Re: Works sometimes, sometimes it doesnt. Cookie/Session Problem??
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:14:35 am »
Solved

Instead of upgrading from the old Virtuemart I advise everybody do a CLEAN install from scratch and set up their store all over again - producs etc.. can be exported from the database and reimported after installation...

upgrading led to a corrupt install and everything kept going wrong

now to get the store back to how I had it!