News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

UPS Module can't calculate shipping above 70 pounds?

Started by Mysteriouskk, July 01, 2008, 00:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysteriouskk

If the item is more than 70lbs, and the user checks out, the shipping is listed as UPS Ground ($0.00)  -  USD22.34 Guaranteed Day(s) To Delivery. It has a price listed, but it charges $0.00 as shipping. Why is this?

Scott Ackerman

I can answer the reason why this is however it is a real problem. UPS doesn't normally offer shipping of packages over 70lbs., so it isn't giving a rate quote for orders that high. Now obviously most stores are not going to ship a single 80lb package but will break it up into multiple packages, however there isn't a way to specify that in the module and obviously UPS doesn't know how many packages the shipper will ship in. It would be nice if a fix/workaround for this was available. Also does anyone know whether physical product sizes that are entered in Virtuemart are used in UPS shipping calculations?
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

sacramentojoe

Quote from: Mysteriouskk on July 01, 2008, 00:29:39 AM
If the item is more than 70lbs, and the user checks out, the shipping is listed as UPS Ground ($0.00)  -  USD22.34 Guaranteed Day(s) To Delivery. It has a price listed, but it charges $0.00 as shipping. Why is this?
I ran into the same problem.
Look at my post on how I fixed it.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=45949.0

shane.williams.co

I just ran into this problem today. The issue is that when the total order weight exceeds 70lbs, the UPS XML throws an extra <RatedShipmentWarning> node that the current UPS module doesn't handle properly. I've modified the ups.php file to handle this extra node if it exists, it works fine now. I also added a warning for orders over 150lbs that additional charges may apply.

Hope this helps!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Stuff4Toys

Stuff4Toys.Com Stuff to make your boat Go Faster, Look Better and Last Longer