Username & Password required when updating address with "No Account Creation"

Started by davidm, June 29, 2008, 00:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidm

I am using the nightly build from last night (28 June) with Joomla 1.5.3.  Virtuemart really is great software!  I have virtuemart set to "No Account Creation".

When the user starts the checkout process, they are prompted for their email address, name and address.  The next page shows the details that were entered under Billing Information with a link for the user to update their address.  This is fine so far but, if the user selects this link, they are taken to a page that is similar to the page where they first entered their details but now there are additional username and password fields.  The user is required to enter a username and password but usernames and passwords don't make sense when using virtuemart with "No Account Creation".

It would also be nice if the page had all the details that the user first entered so they can just edit any mistakes but that's not essential.

davidm

If the user goes to change their address information on the account.billing page when virtuemart is set to "No Account Creation", the following error is displayed:

"Critical: Tricky tricky, but we know about this one."

And the address information does not get updated :(

I think this is a bug.  It shouldn't be possible for a user to get to an error message like that just by following ordinary page links.  I can just remove the link that allows the billing address information to be updated, but there really should be a way for the user to correct their details if they have entered them incorrectly.

Sean Wheller

Did you find an answer to this. I am using VM 1.1.1 and it does not work.

No Account Creation still needs registration and users who update Account information do so for no reason as info is not saved.

iulian_pav

a small error still persists in 1.1.2 if VM is set to optional registration and the shopper wants to edit the address.. the information he puts in the first time doesn't preserve and gets blank fields , he completes them, but if he stil doesn't want an account, on save pops "Please enter a usermame:" java pop-up notice.
I appreciate a quick resolution if there is one. Thank you

Geister

Quote from: iulian_pav on January 19, 2009, 23:33:59 PM
a small error still persists in 1.1.2 if VM is set to optional registration and the shopper wants to edit the address.. the information he puts in the first time doesn't preserve and gets blank fields , he completes them, but if he stil doesn't want an account, on save pops "Please enter a usermame:" java pop-up notice.
I appreciate a quick resolution if there is one. Thank you

Confirm. Virtuemart 1.1.3. Same error here. Interesting, that spelling of the word "username" is exactly like this:

"Please enter a usermame"

The spelling can be fixed in language\en-GB\en-GB.ini, but in our case the pop-up window should not appear at all, since a shopper doesn't want create an account.
current config: Joomla Version 1.5.12 + VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable

aravot

I couldn't duplicate this, please state how to duplicate step by step.

FYI language\en-GB\en-GB.ini is not VirtueMart file but Joomla

Geister

1. In the Admin - Configuration -> block "User registration setting" -> "User registration type" - > select Optional Account Creation and press "Save"

2. Go to your shop and "Add to Cart" any product.
3. Press "Checkout" - the login/registration form appears.
4. Check the radiobutton "New? Please Provide Your Billing Information"
5. Uncheck "Register an Account?" and fill in the form as usual, also check "I agree to the Terms of Service (Terms of Service)"
6. Press  "Send registration" - the window "Shipping Address" appears.
7. In the block "Billing Information" press "Update Address" (assume that a shopper made a mistake in the previous window and wants to correct his address).
8. Fill in the form again, and again uncheck "Register an Account?".

9. Press "SAVE" - and here you get the pop-up alert "Please enter a usermame" (with this exact spelling if you did not edit language\en-GB\en-GB.ini before"

10. Click "OK", the pop-up alert disappears and the next window opens with the updated address.

So, you can edit your address, the only problem is this confusing pop-up alert.

(Joomla Version 1.5.10 + VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable)

mauri

I confirm this bug.
Fix:
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/account.billing.php
Row 33

if ( VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'NO_REGISTRATION' ) {

edit to

if ( VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'NO_REGISTRATION' || VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'OPTIONAL_REGISTRATION' && empty($d['register_account'])) {

Row 67

if ( VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'NO_REGISTRATION' ) {

edit to

if ( VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'NO_REGISTRATION' || VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'OPTIONAL_REGISTRATION' && empty($d['register_account'])) {

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_shopper.php
Row 663

if ( VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE != 'NO_REGISTRATION' ) {
ps_user::saveUser( $d );
}

Edit to:

if ( VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'NO_REGISTRATION' || VM_REGISTRATION_TYPE == 'OPTIONAL_REGISTRATION' && empty($d['register_account'] )) {
// NO_REGISTRATION or OPTIONAL_REGISTRATION' with empty register_account. Dont saveUser!
}else{
ps_user::saveUser( $d );
}
VirtueMart,(Joomla-phpShop, mambo-phpShop) since 2004-03-11

Geister

pmedinua

Joomla 1.5.10
VM 1.1.3

Hello, i am having a similar issue with password2 (confirm password)
When i try to checkout with no registration, i fill the email field and uncheck "no registration". Fill the billing information.
When i press on "continue" a javascript alert pops up telling me "please make sure the form is complete and valid".
At this point nothing tells me what is wrong, but if i click on "register account" radio button, the "confirm password" label is marked red, and if i write anything on it and then uncheck the "register account" radio button, i can succesfully submit the order.

I made the changes in account.billing.php and ps_shopper.php with no success.

I also, checked the ps_userfield.php file checking the JS validation starting on line 623 but cant find a solution.

Please if anyone can help here. I've really tried almosto everything.
Thanks

Peibol

Hello pmedinua! Could you solve the problem? I have the same problem.
Thanks, bye

PRO

I have this bug as well.

If a user makes a mistake, and tries to change the address

when they hit save

Error: Function Not Registered. shopperupdate is not a valid VirtueMart function.

Peibol

My problem is that when I try to checkout with no registration, i fill the email field and uncheck "no registration". Fill the billing information.
When i press on "continue" a javascript alert pops up telling me "please make sure the form is complete and valid".

Help me, please!!