News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Always the "The status of your order could not be updated" problem...

Started by Majino, June 27, 2008, 13:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majino

Hi guys... i'm really mad about this... i use joomla 1.5.3 and vm 1.1.0...
i tried with sandbox the paypal payment process, and everything goes well, except for the final message that appears on my site when i click on "return to..." from paypal sandbox when the transaction is over.

i really don't know what to do... if i set the order status for the transactions gone well to "pending" everything goes ok, but if i set to "confirmed", i get the error message... please, help :D

sorry for my bad english, i have virtuemart in italian ;)

3rdimension

I am actually working on joomla 1.013 and virtuemart 1.013a for my online download store. I am testing my paypal system in sandbox. I tried all the steps in the forum to get the status changed from pending to confirmed. But nothing worked. I even tried with real dollars in paypal.com to see if it is the sandbox problem, but nothing works.

Then, I thought maybe I will try new version to see if it works there. So I just installed  joomla 1.5.3 and virtuemart 1.1 like you have and I get this message in email after confirmation

Error code 506. Possible fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 216.113.191.33.
                        The remote address of the script posting to this notify script does not match a valid PayPal ip address

These are the valid IP Addresses: 66.211.168.209,

I mean common this is the latest release of virtuemart and joomla. This thing just doesn't work. It's buggy. The payment is accepted but status doesn't change at all. I don't want to manually change it..
I have been trying to solve this problem for two days and now I think I am about to cry...

does anyone know where you can update the list of paypal ip servers?

3rdimension

If you use old version of notify.php

I think I tried this fix http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=27261.0

the server problem goes away, but still the status does not change automatically from pending to confirmed.

Majino

3rdimension

You said,"if i set the order status for the transactions gone well to "pending" everything goes ok."  If everything goes ok then whats the problem. As far as I know the status of pendig payment should be set to pending, if you set it to confirmed then you get the error as you mentioned.

so your status automatically changes from pending to confirmed after successful payment?

Majino

of course not! if the payment goes well, the status didn't change!

moleculezz

You should make note that in the (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0) post there is no mention that you have to configure your paypal account.
Go to "Instant Payment Notification Preferences"(Profile Section) and enter the path to notify.php and check the "Activation" Checkbox.

This worked for me!

sept171787

I am complete new to VM. SO I started off poking in the dark to figure out this issue. I did two things which have solved my issue.

First I was getting erros in the error logs about path could not be found. I hard codded my path in the notify.php file. I was still having issue but the first error went away.
I then performed a TCPDUMP durn a transaction and saw I was getting a response back. So I....

....added this line into my .htaccess file and it started working.
RewriteRule ^(checkout.result.php) - [L]

Just thought I would help.