News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

security images

Started by patrik60, June 23, 2008, 12:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

Hello

I'm getting a lot of spam through the "ask a question" form of VM 1.1. I installed Security imgages 4.3.3. Somehow this doesn't work with VM 1.1 stable on Joomla 1.0.15.
Somewhere I have read, that it should. (It is also not working on my test environment where I'm using Joomla 1.5.3, Security Images 5 RC1 and VM rev 1433)

So, my two questions:

1. Is Security Images working in general with VM 1.1?
2. If it is, is it also possible to use it with the "ask a question" form?

Patrik

patrik60

So, I got Security Images to work with VM after reading in the VM manual.
I have tried now to modify the shop.ask.tpl.php by inserting the following code:

<?php
if (
file_exists($mosConfig_absolute_path.'/administrator/components/com_securityimages/client.php')) {
include ($mosConfig_absolute_path.'/administrator/components/com_securityimages/client.php');
// Note that this package name must be used on the validation site too! If both are not equal, validation will fail
$packageName 'securityVMAskCheck';
echo insertSecurityImage($packageName);
echo getSecurityImageText($packageName);
}
?>

Somehow this doesn't work: It doesn't matter wether I don't fill in the code or fill in a wrong code. The form will be sent anyway.

Does someone have an idea?

Patrik

patrik60

As long as there is

if (file_exists($mosConfig_absolute_path.'/administrator/components/com_securityimages/client.php')) {

I think Security Image can't work with VM 1.1 in Joomla 1.5 ,because there is no client.php file in Security Image for Joomla 1.5. Shouldn't there be a code change, or an if-else code to make it working with both, Joomla 1.0.15 and 1.5? It works for me in Joomla 1.0.15 in the registration form but not in J! 1.5.3.

(see ps_userfield.php, line 430)

Replika

If do not like Security Image, you may have a look at my tinCatpcha (in hack thread)
You can have more information to modify "Ask Question" module.
My site gets a lot of spam too, so I just enable this feature only for logged-in users