Author Topic: How do i hide prices and still use chart  (Read 14299 times)

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
Re: How do i hide prices and still use chart
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 17:50:15 pm »
I'm in the middle of doing this myself: designing a quotation system for the client so people can add products to a "cart" and going through the check out process (minus payment) so instead of placing an order, it'll be a "Request for Quotation" on all those products.

They would also like to sell some of the products, so at the moment the best solution I can think of is to create another sub site with another copy of VirtueMart, but this time with the original order system in place.

If there's a way to set up a single website that will allow your customer to pay for some products and request for quotations on the others (in batch instead of individually, like the "Call for pricing" feature currently uses), that would be most ideal. If you've figured it out, please share the love. :)

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 07:54:43 am »
to monkeygirl:
Easy as that ,,,, try it yourself if you cant do it,, if not ill give you step by step
chears!
to klutzon:
thats intresting but 2 advance for me at the moment ,, dont have time to look into it

monkeygirl

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 11:11:10 am »
thanks! will give it go : )!

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 13:53:36 pm »
im open for all questions and HELP
Did you get your site to work as an online catalogue with ordering but no prices?
Have client who wants the same thing, wholesale customers with loads of different price scales, wants online ordering system but to invoice from head office manually.
Can i see your site live at all? Is it really as simple as editing the bits you mention?
any help/advice appreciated! : )

Hey monkeygirl,

I've not yet started on my own quotation system, but basically what you're going to do in order to get this quotation system working is removing any reference of price from the front end. In the back end, you've still got the prices for each product, and when the order comes in you will see all the prices, but on the front end, all reference to price is hidden, which basically makes it look like you're adding all these items to the cart to ask how much they cost, and the email they will get once they go through the checkout process will be the order details page but with no prices on it. When the order comes in in the back end, you make sure all the prices for everything the customer ordered are okay and up to date, and then you click the "Update Status" button and make sure the checkbox for "Notify customer?" is ticked. The email that they will get once you've done that will be the same as the order details email they first got, but this time with all the prices displayed.

I take it this is what you'd like to do? :)

I will share the files I'll modify with you when I'm done, if you've not managed by the time I do that. :D

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 13:56:34 pm »
im open for all questions and HELP
Did you get your site to work as an online catalogue with ordering but no prices?
Have client who wants the same thing, wholesale customers with loads of different price scales, wants online ordering system but to invoice from head office manually.
Can i see your site live at all? Is it really as simple as editing the bits you mention?
any help/advice appreciated! : )

Hey monkeygirl,

I've not yet started on my own quotation system, but basically what you're going to do in order to get this quotation system working is removing any reference of price from the front end. In the back end, you've still got the prices for each product, and when the order comes in you will see all the prices, but on the front end, all reference to price is hidden, which basically makes it look like you're adding all these items to the cart to ask how much they cost, and the email they will get once they go through the checkout process will be the order details page but with no prices on it. When the order comes in in the back end, you make sure all the prices for everything the customer ordered are okay and up to date, and then you click the "Update Status" button and make sure the checkbox for "Notify customer?" is ticked. The email that they will get once you've done that will be the same as the order details email they first got, but this time with all the prices displayed.

I take it this is what you'd like to do? :)

I will share the files I'll modify with you when I'm done, if you've not managed by the time I do that. :D

lucato

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 17:44:41 pm »
Hey folks, I'm needing this option to hide prices and still use the cart. Is there any way to do it.

I'm not selling any stuff at my site and I don't want to use as catalog because I want to use another modules that needs the chart and so on. Besides that I'm doing a lot of adjustments. Before removing manually each code that shows price at cart, order, ship, everywhere, I wonder if it is possible to hack it to check the checkbox "Show prices", but keep the "Add to cart" button working. How to code it?

Thanks in advance.

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 20:35:46 pm »
  checkbox?  thats 2 advanced 4 me ???

lucato

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 01:02:50 am »
Hey Dac3D, when I mentioned checkbox I was referring to keep unchecked the checkbox "[ x ] Show Prices", which is located at admin/Configuration/Price Configuration section and get to have the "Add to cart" button showingthrough some hack, because nowadays if we leace unchecked the "[ x ] Show Prices", it doesn't show the "Add to cart" button. So, I'm needing this "hack" option to hide prices and still use the cart button. That is why I'm asking if:

- Is there any way to do it?
- How to code it?

;0)

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 07:53:22 am »
ok, open administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php and remove line 439 $products[$i]['product_price'] = $product_price, that will remove price from your browse page, and next, open components/com_virtuemart/themes/yourtheme/templates   , there you have next folders: basket, browse, checkout, common, order_emails, pages, product_details,,,  in every folder you must open and modify all files ,,, where you have line " <?php echo $product_price ?> " you must remove it, and then virtuemart will work normaly but it will not show prices.

when you do that, check every time if you didnt delete something wrong test and backup every time! :D

panosjules

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 16:22:30 pm »
Anyone actually achieved that? I have tried all of these and the prices are only hidden when i browse a product. If i add it to the cart then the price is shown. Any help appreciated...!!!

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 12:51:57 pm »
on what page exactly?
can you give link from site?

artanni

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 10:46:39 am »
Hi,
I'm agree that a quotation system on virtuemart is important for some of us.
But I disagree to delete the $product_price as dac3d suggested, as it will break the idea behind the shopper group and its list price feature on virtuemart. I mean if you have - let's say 2 shopper groups. One shopper group will have to see the actual price by default and the other have to quote the price for the products. If you deleted the $product_price it will affecting all shopper groups as they cannot see the price.

I prefer different approach, refer to this post :

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=19978.msg151096#msg151096

You see it doesn't deleted the product price but somewhat change how the product price will be displayed.
I myself still working about this on my test site, maybe you can check it here.