Author Topic: How do i hide prices and still use chart  (Read 14666 times)

dac3d

• Beginner
How do i hide prices and still use chart
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:31:37 am »
How do i hide prices and still use chart, i have read abaut this problem and find a couple solutions but for older versions i have VirtueMart 1.1.0 stable and i dont know how to do this,, can someone help me? ???

marianaf

• Beginner
Re: How do i hide prices and still use chart
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 15:08:26 pm »
Hello dac3d!

I really need the same solution, have you found an answer for that?

thank you..

Mariana

akerman

• Knowledge weighs Nothing!
    • STOLT/AKERMAN
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 13:48:34 pm »
How about hiding all the products and still have customers?  ;)

I'm just joking, sorry.... But you have to elaborate this with some more details like;

what versions, system, what's the goal when fully implemented.. and so forth.

Otherwise it's likely most experienced VM users will refrain from answer. Because they don't understand the question.

Regards
Akerman
http://STOLT-AKERMAN.com - Web & Design agency. Spemildt in e-shop, ecommerce and marketing.
http://InfoClip.se - Swedish Antique & Used Books & Art Shop.
http://AkermansCove - Personal Portfolio
Ubuntu LAMP / Joomla 1.5.22 / VM 1.1.6 / JoomFish Contributor / Developer / Designer

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:03:40 am »
Ok, Joomla is 1.5.0 and VM is 1.1.2 stable
I need to remove prices and to have chart funkcionality or;  be able to put things in chart without seeing any price ,, when order is send then the shoper is sending  invoice depending what customer is buying- because of complicated price system in shop owner

was that you need to know?

Partic

• KPS
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:05 am »
So at the end of the ordering process, the user won't see a price at all? It will basically be an order form completed, and the prices will be calculated by the shop owner?

Other sites I've ended up doing this with a form that just fills out an order form template.

But if the prices aren't going to be online, and the shopper will be paying on invoice, then you could have everything in the system with a zero price and from there remove all the aspects for where the price will be displayed in various templates:
- edit flypages and browse pages
- edit your cart template
- change your shop email templates

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
I have managed to "hide" and camuflaged but it isn t a quality  solution here are pictures how it looks like :

[attachment deleted by admin]

akerman

• STOLT/AKERMAN
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 15:57:01 pm »
First, the suggested solutions above are valid.
 - You can either hide price name and set everything to 0. However you need to create/change
   the checkout process considerably. And how orders are processed in the backend.
   Plus hundreds of little bits and pieces in VM.

- You can decide to use VM as a catalogue only. (Settings already there in backend).
   This gives product listings with no price and makes it possible for the customer to ask
   for price via a separate function from within the product details page.

Personally I would go with the second solution, if you are set to use VM for this purpose.
Why? Simply because a couple of reasons:

- When is the deal really considered to be closed?
   The legal perspective is important and according to most countries the deal you suggests
   with payment with invoice, before customer has had a possibility to contemplate a price
   is very much in the grey zone, if you catch my drift.

- This type of deal is commonly known as RFI/RFO (Request for Information / Offering).

And is mostly used in the area of services or complicated deals (read big business).
   The appropriate steps in your case should then be:
    1. Customer asks for Info/Offer.
    2. You send the customer Info/Offer with prices, Terms & Conditions
    3. If, but only if, customer agrees to the offer, you both sign off.
         - Meaning he/she sends you a confirmation
         - Meaning you send the invoice or invoice and merchandise.
             (Here you can wait for payment before sending merchandise.
              Be sure to mention how you do this in Terms & Conditions)

4. Confirm payment to customer via receipt or acceptance of payment.

Weak business deal for both you and customer.

Sending an invoice before any agreement on pricing, even if customer choose to click
some nice images on the Internet, all falls into the category of not so normal business.
Because that clicking and reading of Terms & Conditions on the last checkout page falls flat to the ground if the customer decides to back out of the deal. Because he can give a very valid reasons not to complete the transaction.

(You notice I refrain from saying illegal? Well, I'm close...)...but please understand this correctly from a business perspective:
 - What rules and regulations governs your business and your presumptive buyers?
 - What does tax authorities need to see? An how is your accounting going to look like? These are the first questions that has to be answered, before performing any practical work.

I really hope you go with the catalogue function in VM. I think both you and your customers would be satisfied with that arrangement.

Best regards & whises
Akerman 

http://STOLT-AKERMAN.com - Web & Design agency. Spemildt in e-shop, ecommerce and marketing.
Ubuntu LAMP / Joomla 1.5.22 / VM 1.1.6 / JoomFish Contributor / Developer / Designer

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:52:51 am »
It is as you sad
 RFI/RFO (Request for Information / Offering)

it is specific company who wants this type of payment because of complicated deals, because they have many customers with complicated discounts and it is easier to let them by themselfs create bill/ofer,  they only want to be able buy online stuff  in quantity and   as you mentioned before and i must  change hundreds of little bits and pieces in VM. im on half way and im stuck a little bit because i need word of expert or a headword what to look for :)

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 11:29:18 am »
well marianaf  seems to me that no one wants to help us exept to teach us etics of buisness  or asking too many questions why do you want to hide all the prices,

someone should realy work this theme because there are many people who wants this option to work!

akerman

• STOLT/AKERMAN
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 12:53:30 pm »
Hi,
My take on this was not to 'teach' you business ethics. I just tried to give you different possible approaches to the problem you stated initially.

I am by no means an authority in VM, nor in business conduct. However I have many years professional experience in sales and business, and just felt that it was appropriate to share the possible solutions there are in your case.

Please understand that:

1. Asking questions is a normal step-by-step procedure in any forum, since seldom one really has a direct simple answer to the initial question.
2. No one is trying to use knowledge to be superior. We're sharing info here in order to grow together. Your knowledge is worth the same as anyone else's.
3. The removal of price in a cart/shop somewhat defeats the idea of the cart/shop, hence the curiosity of that approach. That probably leads some people engaged in VM to wonder, if you made the right choice of system for your business.

So, in short: We all help in here, when we can, and if we have the knowledge. And if we don't... well, then we stay quiet.  ;) 

Sorry if my replies were of no aid.   

Regards
Akerman

PromoNet

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 16:24:20 pm »
Ok.  I think what this guy is trying to do is exactally what I need to do.

Basically we both need to use the system as an enquiry cart.  The products are to be added to the cart and once the customer has filled his cart he can then proceed to "checkout" or in other words just sent the enquiry to the supplier.

Currently with the "send enquiry" function on each individual page the customer has to send each enquiry seperatly.

For my website I have numerous different items that are sold in bulk mainly. Each of these bulk products can vary largley from time to time so a general price guide is given on the product information page but then the final price needs to be added to a seperate order system that has no links to virtue mart.

I'm desperately trying to find this function.  To start off I think I am going to have to just go with the 0 price and then alter the pages accordingly.  at least until I can either sort this myself through the help of the forums or through an external developer.
Virtuemart for the Promotional Products Industry: http://www.promonet.co.uk/ (ProMart)

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:10:02 am »
Hold on,, im almolst done with this-- ill write everything just give me couple of days,,,,,,..

dac3d

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 14:42:14 pm »
Ok lets begin with browse page, to remove price i removed from file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php line 439 $products[$i]['product_price'] = $product_price; just delete it.
My recomendation is to open next files in dreamweaver    all files in    components/com_virtuemart/themes/yourtheme/templates   
and there you will see in tables what string is showing a price , sku , or quantity and then just delete it     
like on picture down

im open for all questions and HELP

[attachment deleted by admin]

PromoNet

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 17:11:01 pm »
Cool thanks :)  Got it now!

I'm not far off finishing now, once its all done I will write up a tutorial :)
Virtuemart for the Promotional Products Industry: http://www.promonet.co.uk/ (ProMart)

monkeygirl

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 17:19:47 pm »
im open for all questions and HELP

Did you get your site to work as an online catalogue with ordering but no prices?

Have client who wants the same thing, wholesale customers with loads of different price scales, wants online ordering system but to invoice from head office manually.

Can i see your site live at all? Is it really as simple as editing the bits you mention?

any help/advice appreciated! : )