Author Topic: Has the multiple-images per product issue been addressed?  (Read 31740 times)

LekeFly

• Beginner
Re: Has the multiple-images per product issue been addressed?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 13:24:58 pm »
Why does this happen? It doesnt get resized..

kachete

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:48 am »
i have the same issue

do all as said

check all

but only have one file up and no thumb

please some help here

thanks in advance

are there any other solution

kachete

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 20:12:09 pm »
in the pane that control the media i can put one image and it creates the images fine

when i try to upload another image it only show me one image an no thumbnail

what can i do to solve this

i realy need to put more than one image per product

please help us here

thanks in advance

katanchalee

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 06:43:52 am »
oh i have same problem...how to??a little headache!!Who's know pleases..help

Tom82

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 17:23:19 pm »
Same problem for me, I get additional images appear on the flypage not additional thumbnails

LevArris

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 15:59:24 pm »
Go to your shop administration and click on "Configuration".
Klick on the tab "Site".
Then make a check at "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing?".
This automatically resizes all images to the values you've set in
"Thumbnail Image Width" and "Thumbnail Image Height"

Make sure you have GD2 Support on your webserver.

billpk4

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 07:03:48 am »
I don't have a problem adding a 2nd image using the Media Manager.  I'm using the LightBox presentation for the larger image.  Actually I prefer not using it and have a 2nd window open up, then the customer can magnify the image to whatever they desire.

all works fine on the 1st primary image, but, with the 2nd image when view larger image is selected it opens up what appears to be a mini-directory of the two images along with a larger image of the 2nd image - really an ugly presentation.

want to have the 2nd image be presented just like the 1st image was.  any suggestions?

glowingkid

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 07:53:13 am »
I don't understand the question  ???

Do you mean something other than the media / file manager? Through the media / file manager you can upload as many pictures as you want and they will display on the flypage:

• Add a product (but don't add any pictures yet)and Click save
  • Click List Products
  • Next to your new product is an icon in the column that says "media"; click the icon
  • The File Manager window pops open. This lists all the existing files and media (including pictures) associated with the product

The "New" button will allow you to add new files and images. File Type Product Image (Full and Thumb) is the main image for the product that you're used to seeing. Adding files of type Additional Image will add more images that will display on your product flypage as thumbnails and also be clickable for full size.

hth
  ~~ rich

hi all...
i've followed the above and works ok except that the full size image of additional image are not showing when i click the thumbnail.
the full size image that come up is only the full size image from product image.

anyone could help me here..??

billpk4

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 20:59:07 pm »
i didn't explain very well.  multiple images works great with lightbox.  thumbnails and all that.  now turn off lightbox.  thumbnails still work great.  1st image works like i want: opens up in a new window and it's all by itself.  but... go back to flypage and click on the second image thumbnail.  a new window is opened up, but it isn't just populated  only with the image's full view.  it includes selection info to get to 1st image, etc...

sundial2k

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 17:17:34 pm »
Ahh rrijnders, you may not have understood my question but you answered it perfectly! Your clear explanation was exactly what I had been looking for, in fact better. Can't believe it has not been made more clear how to do that, I've been going crazy trying to find that media manager. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain!

THANKS!! I was pulling my hair out and never saw that option before.  You are a lifesaver!

Energize

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 07:37:30 am »
Hey i have tried what has been suggested off peoples replies plus through the manual but i can still only view one picture on the product.
I uploaded main pic, then additional image, when i go to site all the shows up is the main pic...no link to view more pics etc.

http://www.energizeclothing.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=42&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=9

is the product i have been trying with to get additional images to show.

rhand-vm

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 10:56:08 am »
Is there by any change already an extension that makes it possible to ad additional image from the VM Product Page Image Tab instead of using the file manager? I do not find the file manager to be in a great place and not really user friendly. I miss a way to order files/images, a preview option and an option to select images from the server. The latter I have solved with ElFinder, but the other issues still stand.

David Kan

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • CMSmart - e-commerce solution
    • Virtuemart Extension Developers
  • VirtueMart Version: Joomla! 2.5.x - 3.x, Virtuemart 2.x - 3

rhand-vm

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 07:48:28 am »
Might be useful for future projects of mine and other VM devs. Too bad this solution was posted 11 months after my question.

David Kan

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • CMSmart - e-commerce solution
    • Virtuemart Extension Developers
  • VirtueMart Version: Joomla! 2.5.x - 3.x, Virtuemart 2.x - 3
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:36 am »
Sorry for this! We just joined VM extensions development recently. We are developing more extensions for VM with will solve major problems...

Hope to help VM better

Huy