Author Topic: setting up merchant services  (Read 2869 times)

courtfool

• Beginner
setting up merchant services
« on: June 17, 2008, 23:30:46 pm »
Currently I have setup paypal on my site, but would like to give the option for buyers to pay directly with credit card. I have a business account setup with my bank, but am unclear as to the steps I am to take to setup virtumart to accept credit cards and connect directly to my bank.

I guess the question I have is what information from the bank do I need and and what setup do I use in virtuemart.

I appreciate any help you can give me, and if there is a posting of the steps I need to take somewhere else on the forums please let me know as I didnt see what I was looking for.

Guru2085

• Beginner
Re: setting up merchant services
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 00:51:40 am »
Currently I have setup paypal on my site, but would like to give the option for buyers to pay directly with credit card. I have a business account setup with my bank, but am unclear as to the steps I am to take to setup virtumart to accept credit cards and connect directly to my bank.
I guess the question I have is what information from the bank do I need and and what setup do I use in virtuemart.
I appreciate any help you can give me, and if there is a posting of the steps I need to take somewhere else on the forums please let me know as I didnt see what I was looking for.

you already completed the first step on getting an merchant account with your bank. you can find out from your bank if they offer api access or use your papal with your bank account and set this up. paypal have alot of tutorials on setting up your shopping cart with there api calls or buy buttons. you should ask your bank directly in the merchant department.