Author Topic: Add a child (item) product and value for an attribute - step by step  (Read 161513 times)

marco.rossi

• Beginner
Re: Add a child (item) product and value for an attribute - step by step
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2009, 22:35:58 pm »
Regarding the Scenario A

I've added attributes on the parent product and they are inherited in the child products.
But I can't add a child product to the cart, I see an error message "notice: To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.".

I'm using
joomla 1.5.14
virtuemart 1.1.3

gtswhitt

• Beginner
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 17:19:21 pm »
Regarding the Scenario A

I've added attributes on the parent product and they are inherited in the child products.
But I can't add a child product to the cart, I see an error message "notice: To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.".

I'm using
joomla 1.5.14
virtuemart 1.1.3

I just ran into a problem like that and it was because my text was too long in the title of my attribute.  Trying shortening it.  It worked for me. 

qme1ster

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 17:45:11 pm »
Like Derebo and Treybraid above I too really would like to know if it's possible to control the order in which the child products display.

We have Tshirts available in various colours and sizes and it's important that these display logically. However the sort order in the front-end seems to be all over the place.

(see attachments showing order in back and front end)

I've just upgraded to VM1.1.4 (with Joomla 1.0.15) and there seems to be no change with regards to this issue.

Has anyone else been able to find a solution to this problem ?

Many thanks.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Tjackan

• Beginner
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 12:51:01 pm »
Awesome tutorial! Really great stuff.

Thanks,
Tjackan

boogily

• Happy Dog Web Productions
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 21:37:05 pm »
Can there be a dynamic attribute that allows users to type in a message and preview it in different font styles?  Thanks
Offering Joomla Development and MN SEO packages.

Take a walk with the Happy Dog.

kdemott

• Beginner
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 19:57:05 pm »
Hate to keep bringing the subject up again, but as asked above by qme1ster and others, has there been any progress on figuring out how to sort child products on the front end. Order in which they are entered, alpha, etc. do not work.

Using VM1.1.4, Joomla 1.0.15

Any help/hack on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

kdemott

• Beginner
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 00:44:57 am »
Finally found a solution that works for the sort order in this post

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=52978.0

sethniel

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 20:11:19 pm »
When I add an attribute or child to a product, there is no 'add to cart' button. How can I make 'choose colour' button appear?

jehanon

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 11:39:21 am »
using VirtueMart 1.1.4 / joomla 1.5.15

if you want to add  an attribute like COLOR and a list of Attributes like SIZE with properties = 41,42,43,44, it doesn't work , it seems that you cannot have both

is it possible ?

the color is just an information , but he must choose the size

thank you

baggiesmad

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 17:33:42 pm »
HI

I've created a parent product with three child products but the child product details dont display the parent details?

tsili

• Beginner
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 18:03:20 pm »
Hi,

First of all great tutorial!
What I would like to ask is the following: When I am in the Product Details page the "Add to Cart" is still visible for the parent items, which means that someone can click on it with no effect (he will get the message 'To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.'). How I can remove the Add to Cart button or disable it until someone selects a child item?

Thank you!

mowlman

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2010, 21:03:24 pm »
Hi,

First of all great tutorial!
What I would like to ask is the following: When I am in the Product Details page the "Add to Cart" is still visible for the parent items, which means that someone can click on it with no effect (he will get the message 'To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.'). How I can remove the Add to Cart button or disable it until someone selects a child item?

Thank you!

You might be able to set the parent Qty to zero, then
Comment out the display of Call for price as mentioned by sitebuildernow earlier in this post. Their solution was:

in your templates/common folder there is a template called price.tpl.php - you need to find and comment out the following:

<?php
// User is not allowed to see a price or there is no price
if( !$auth['show_prices'] || !isset($price_info["product_price_id"] )) {

$link = $sess->url( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?page=shop.ask&amp;product_id='.$product_id.'&amp;subject='. urlencode( $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_PRODUCT_CALL').": $product_name") );
   echo vmCommonHTML::hyperLink( $link, $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_PRODUCT_CALL') );
}
?>

Here is how I did it but I am not a php master so this may not be exactly the right way to comment things out (see my //'s)but it worked:

<?php
// User is not allowed to see a price or there is no price
if( !$auth['show_prices'] || !isset($price_info["product_price_id"] )) {

//$link = $sess->url( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?page=shop.ask&amp;product_id='.$product_id.'&amp;subject='. urlencode( $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_PRODUCT_CALL').": $product_name") );
   //echo vmCommonHTML::hyperLink( $link, $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_PRODUCT_CALL') );
}
?>

mindblock

• Beginner
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 15:15:26 pm »
Hi

In Atribute List price.i want to show the property , and I dont want to show  - and + price in main page to the user.

How to I remove + and - price. in user side..

can anyone suggest pls

sridhar

carlomaria

• Beginner
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 20:32:26 pm »
dopo tanti disperati tentativi ho risolto trovando la soluzione qui:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=41605.45

I just ran into a problem like that and it was because my text was too long in the title of my attribute.  Trying shortening it.  It worked for me

ovvero:

Ho appena incontrato un problema del genere ed è stato perché il mio testo era troppo lungo nel titolo del mio attributo. Cercando accorciamento esso. Ha funzionato per me

se dovesse servire a qualcuno.!!!!

saluti

Carlo

carlomaria

• Beginner
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 20:33:04 pm »
dopo tanti disperati tentativi ho risolto trovando la soluzione qui:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=41605.45

I just ran into a problem like that and it was because my text was too long in the title of my attribute.  Trying shortening it.  It worked for me

ovvero:

Ho appena incontrato un problema del genere ed è stato perché il mio testo era troppo lungo nel titolo del mio attributo. Cercando accorciamento esso. Ha funzionato per me

se dovesse servire a qualcuno.!!!!

saluti

Carlo