VIRTUEMART: Professional / Intuitive / Extensible / Functional / Simply THE BEST

Started by fidel, June 12, 2008, 07:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidel

I have got to agree. Every facet of the Virtuemart has progressed extremely well. Not only is the site that represents the project very well polished and comprehensive but the code and its functionality as presented in the latest 1.1 release is absolutely stellar. From the site, to the code, the code's functionality and to the team, the praise for the various aspects of the project's greatness is inseparable.

It wasn't until I read a dev post about how VM is viewed by many as a huge leap in code and compatibility just as Joomla is with 1.5, making it an extremely daunting task to upgrade and causing a logistical nightmare. This is not the case with Virtuemart 1.1.

As for hacks, most of the ones I had performed with the previous VM 1.0.13 are implemented into the core, and all those that I had not had time to integrate are also in the core along with many other slick and very intuitive features.

Upgrading was merely a matter of uploading (FTP) the files, navigating to the VM component and updating the configuration for new parameters. About the only thing I will have to do is update the templates and begin utilizing all the new features to my advantage.

The Virtuemart really sets itself apart from all other extensions for a variety of reasons - most of all it presents itself as professional grade.

THANKS!!!