Author Topic: {worked it ou] VirtueMart fronpage on Joomla! frontpage  (Read 15057 times)

H13

• Beginner
    • Phoca.cz
{worked it ou] VirtueMart fronpage on Joomla! frontpage
« on: May 27, 2008, 16:23:59 pm »
Hi, is there some possibility to display the VirtueMart frontpage (categories list) on Joomla! frontpage? So, if user visit the site, the first will be displayed the Virtuemart site...

Thank you, Jan

EDIT: solved, found the solution (just add the eshop link instead of home link... ) so easy  :-[  :)

MG Page

• Beginner
Re: {worked it ou] VirtueMart fronpage on Joomla! frontpage
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:40:02 pm »
Hi,
Can you tell me how this is done? I'm a "newbie" too and I have no idea how to link Virtuemart to the Front Page. Can you give me a run down on what to do? I checked my FrontPage Manager.. and I don't know how to add to it when it's not content.
Thanks

per4manz

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 18:23:00 pm »
Hi,
Can you tell me how this is done? I'm a "newbie" too and I have no idea how to link Virtuemart to the Front Page. Can you give me a run down on what to do? I checked my FrontPage Manager.. and I don't know how to add to it when it's not content.
Thanks

That's rather easy actually.

Sign into the admin area, go to Menu>mainmenu, unpublish the original "Home" menu item, click "New" at the top right, select "Component" and from the Component List on the left, select "VirtueMart". Be sure to name the new menu item "Home", or it will not work properly as Joomla considers the menu item "Home" to be the primary page no matter what it is actually linked to.

jimbarnes

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 21:14:15 pm »
Of course this has all changed and the easy way is to go to menu/ main menu and click on the home item then change the type and select virtuemart its easy

Sadruddin

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:17:45 pm »
Ouch.

OK, I've just done this - as in the last response, in the hope that It would help me sort something else out, and to see what it looked like.  It HAS changed it, it HASN'T sorted it out, and now I don't seem to have the option of changing it back to how it was before.

The bit at the top (with the normal home option) seems to have disappeared.

Help?  Please?