Author Topic: Groups - Attention Soeren  (Read 3808 times)

Mark McFarlane

• Beginner
Groups - Attention Soeren
« on: November 13, 2004, 23:52:24 pm »
Hi Soeren,

I volunteer for a not for profit organisation with over 1000 members. I'm considering getting mambo php-shop modified to match our organisations needs through a third party developer.

I was wondering how hard do you think it would be to restrict certain product categories to certain groups?

I would like to be able to create a category that is only viewable by users of one particularl group.

Once the feature was implemented, I would make sure that it was available to the whole mambo community.

Thanks for your time,
and the support you are giving the mambo community,

Mark.

----------
Australia

Soeren

• Administrator
  • VirtueMart Starter
    • virtuemart.net
Re:Groups - Attention Soeren
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 18:20:04 pm »
Such a feature is possible. All you have to do is modify the mos_pshop_products table (add a field \"product_perms\"), the product form (to assign products to a group, the ps_product class and al places where categories are being listed. Important: the shop.browse page (only fetch those categories that are permitted).
A lot of work for you....

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

Partic

• KPS
Re: Groups - Attention Soeren
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:57:00 am »
Mark,

Did you ever create the mods Soeren outlined?

My client needs to do something similar, having a Staff Clothing category that needs to be hidden from general customers. About to start working out the tweaks over the weekend (and will put solution up here) but if anyone else has done this type of mod to their site, I'd be keen to get a heads up on how it was done.

Thanks

Patrick