News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[CONFIRMATION REQUIRED] attribute list and umlauts

Started by p.barg, May 26, 2008, 10:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.barg

Hi all,

Kelvyn pointed out that the following might be a bug, so I'm reporting in this forum:

I encountered a problem using umlauts in attribute properties. In other places of VM all umlauts are shown correctly. If I use umlauts in a property of an attribute VM shows the following behavior:
In the product description (including the selection of a sub-product via its attribute) all umlauts come up correctly. If I order a product from this list,
the title in the shopping cart shows no umlauts (instead I see ?) and what's worse the price comes out wrong (it always shows the price of the main product)...

I use Joomla 1.12, VM 1.1, language: german formal

Best Regards 

Petra

jenkinhill

Can someone using German launguage files confirm this?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

It does not happen on my system. (See image below) However, I'm using Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1 nightly build from last week on localhost.

Petra - you might want to check if there is a newer (german) language file at the VirtueMart Developer Portal. In addition to the common language file there is also a german language file in the 'additional languages' section.

Joerg

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

p.barg

Thanks for testing!
I downloaded the latest language pack and installed it, yet the result remains the same...

-- Petra

p.barg

I now found out that the problem only occurs when I don't use ajax for the add-to-cart process... With ajax the umlauts and the prices come out correctly.
I don't want to use ajax though.
Additionally a second problem turned up: After switching the ajax option on and off I'm encountering problems with adding the products (with variants) to the cart. for some products I suddenly get the message "Info: please select a variant on the detail page" although I *am* on the product detail page. Switching ajax on I don't get the message an the product is placed correctly into the cart.

-- Petra

Update: The products that can't be placed into the cart are products whose attribute title contains umlauts. Again, no problem when ajax is turned on.

My conclusion (so far): Switching ajax on everything is fine. Switching ajax off leads to at least 2 problems in connection with umlauts:
1. umlauts in attribute titles - the product can't be placed into the cart (error: please select a product variant)
2. umlauts in attribute properties - the product description in the cart is messed up an the price comes out wrong.

May be that helps?

cgivre

I am having this same problem.  I am running the Joomla 1.5.3 ecommerce edition (in English).   The URL is http://209.205.39.8/~aurelcom/

I've set up products with child items and attributes and it regardless of whether or not I use the AJAX add to cart function, every time I try to add an item to the cart (either from the product fly page or from the the homepage) I get the message that I need to select product variants on the detail page.  It seems that I get this error regardless of what is selected.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks