Author Topic: Modules Latest and Featured Products with Text  (Read 20816 times)

zovict

• Beginner
Re: Modules Latest and Featured Products with Text
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 13:46:34 pm »
That work for FEATURED module but not for LATEST PROD, WHY ??

Stefanos

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 13:19:46 pm »
great one guys, it really worked great

keemo

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 06:24:28 am »
Jay Blaq, I was unable to locate the FEATURED PRODUCTS EXTENDED MODULE for VM1.1 on Joomlaxtc.com. Do you have a direct link to the page where it can be downloaded?

toby

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 21:19:14 pm »
Hi,

I have foolowed this very cloesly however I need to make a small change. I need the full description to show on in the featured products section of my homepage.

In ps_product.php I have added product_description into the feature_products function where product_s_desc is. I have then added

$featured_products[$i]['product_description'] = $db->f("product__description");

Then in featuredproducts.tpl.php I have added <?php echo $featured['product_description'] ?>, however this does not bring up the full product description. The short description works but I just cant get the full description.

I dont want this to be in a module but in the featured products section that can be the front of virtuemart. Hope you can help (ps on joomla 1.5 and latest virtuemart)

Many Thanks

baggiesmad

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 15:49:13 pm »
thanks

anthony

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 01:46:53 am »
In the new VM 2.0 you only have to put

Code: [Select]
echo shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 80, '...') ;
into modules\mod_virtuemart_product\tmpl\default.php
and that displays the first 80 characters of the short description. I just copied the code from the category template - too easy. I was SHOCKED.
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.