News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I'm going crazy with UPS shipping module

Started by tao, May 22, 2008, 23:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tao

I'm using VirtueMart 1.1.0 beta3 with Joomla 1.5.

When I go through the checkout process logged in as admin., the UPS module works.  However, when a new shopper create an account and check out the same product, the UPS module disappears on the shipping page. So no one can check out.

I also change a new shopper to admin/administrator priviliage,same thing happens, the UPS module is not there.

So weired!!!  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Redman

I am having the same problem with Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.0 stable.

Any UPS module gurus in here?

I managed to get a bit past the "nothing appears stage".

It appears that you must have all the weights and dimensions defined for each product.

You need to have SSL extensions enabled on Apache AND PHP.
   - go here for the Apache details and read all the way to the end as the last important piece is at the very end.  http://www.wampserver.com/phorum/read.php?2,28731

UPS.php bombs because getText() on lines 172 and 176 appear to be looking for something that is not present while parsing the XML response from UPS.
If I comment out the getText() lines it gets a bit further.

vmLogfile shows
12:33:21 AM 5/27/2008 VirtueMart [DEBUG] [127.0.0.1] [MickD] Starting Shipping module: ups
12:33:21 AM 5/27/2008 VirtueMart [DEBUG] [127.0.0.1] [MickD] Connection opened to www.ups.com
12:33:21 AM 5/27/2008 VirtueMart [DEBUG] [127.0.0.1] [MickD] Now posting the variables.
12:33:22 AM 5/27/2008 VirtueMart [ERR] [127.0.0.1] [MickD] UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: , Error Description:

So I know it is getting to UPS.com and sending the variables for a shipping quote.
and I get this on my shopping cart:
Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: , Error Description:

powder

Dodi you find any solution for your problem?

We are having the same problem.

Regards Powder

artguy101

I am getting this:

Debug: <span class="message">UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.</span><br/>Error Code: 111057<br/>Error Description: This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.<br/>

trendsettingdesign

I had a problem and just solved it by making sure I had all the necessary User Fields visible and required.  Specifically, I had to have Country, State and Zip published, visible in all locations and required for the module to work.  The User Fields can be found either in the Store menu or the Admin menu of VM.
Joomla! 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2
PHP 5

artguy101

Under Admin --> Users, i don't anywhere to make fields visible or required.

Are you talking about a config setting?

madebychad

I also saw the default text in the UPS shipping module OVERRIDE_FROM_ZIP in the zipcode... make sure to delete this if you are not going to fill in an override for the zip code, because if it is not a valid zip or blank, you WILL get an error that it could not process the shipping rate requiest, as in artguy101, just delete the text in the zip field... and make sure that in your store>Edit Store that the zip is set (or in any vendors that you have setup)

VGarcia

Quote from: madebychad on September 24, 2008, 23:46:33 PM
OVERRIDE_FROM_ZIP

Yes! Thank you. I just deleted this text from the UPS.com shipping module configuration screen ("ship from zip code" field), and it works now. Thanks so much.