Author Topic: Search Engine Friendly Options for Virtuemart and Joomla.  (Read 4432 times)

Napier

Search Engine Friendly Options for Virtuemart and Joomla.
« on: May 21, 2008, 20:31:29 pm »
Hey Guys,
  I figure this (seems to be new) forum would be a good place to officially discuss SEF options.

I had originally purchased Artio JoomSef but had extreme issues (you couldn't checkout anymore) when I went through and changed to sh404SEF and have had GREAT luck with it!  (Other then a few minor details that I could fix)

once programmed correctly, I could change meta tags much easier then Artio and add a ton of keywords to my products that were missing previously!  Yay!

Discuss SEF and problems here!

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
Re: Search Engine Friendly Options for Virtuemart and Joomla.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 15:13:49 pm »
If you are experienced, please tell us how to configure sh404SEF to write corect and working URLs just for products and categories. I really couldn't do that with their final 1.3.5 build 327. How to modify the code.
As for Artio I think I have an idea on how to hack the VM plugin, to make working out of the box with no knowledge in PHP coding :D.
Thanks

infinart

• Beginner
Re: Search Engine Friendly Options for Virtuemart and Joomla.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:40:53 am »
I wait paitiently with baited breath for the answers here! I really want to make the product urls SEF.

Looking forward to finding out how to.

Thanks
Rock on!