Author Topic: Same boat here. Would love NOT to have registration for checkout  (Read 10484 times)

allegra

Hello,

For some reason, all the threads I am interested with NEVER have an answer with solution from an administrator! I am having a problem with clients finding hard to register - leave the site to go to their email to find their link to confirm - go back to the site to buy...then they have to login first... and then check out. Major problem and client's rage over it. I've read several threads with the same question but no one reply with solution. I finally disable the confirmation email in joomla config but sometime, only sometime, they are asked to login...not computer savvy get lost again - what is my password..they don't realize they have to check their emails to find it there.

Or at least have the choice: register OR checkout without registering.

Bottom line is: they finally leave the site without buying!!! NOT good.

Please, any Virtuemart administrator out there, would you mind to let us know how to checkout WITHOUT having to register at all? Same for downloadable products - the road is long and hard to finally get to the download page, indeed.

Thank you for your help.

gomango

• Beginner
Re: Same boat here. Would love NOT to have registration for checkout
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 17:57:24 pm »
I hate to stick my nose in here where it doesnt belong in case Im wrong, but I think I saw something on the lines of what you are looking for.

admin-->configuration-->(on the global tab) Check the User registration type under user registration settings.  I think one option was to use "No registration" and this would give the option to not force a user to register.  Then again, if you want to leave the option open for those who want to be registered to take advantage of group pricing that you have set up... there is an "Optional registration" setting.

Hope this helps....

Dave

allegra

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 18:08:41 pm »
Hello Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

I've read somewhere that, since it is a downloadable product, the download has to be linked to a user but I will definitely try that and see what happens when I try to buy.

I will let you know the result with a downloable .

Thanks again a bunch for taking the time to help.

gomango

• Beginner

allegra

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 18:48:43 pm »
Hello Dave.

I checked the post but way too dangerous for my production site. I will test the "no login" on a test site and see what happens but it seems that it's not very stable yet. I've seen a module no registration but if I remember correctly, that was not working for a downloadable product.

Any other idea to solve that problem, please don't hesitate to send.

Thank you so much again for your time to help.

Cheers.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 19:04:32 pm »
If you have download able goods than you need to use account registration.

allegra

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 19:57:09 pm »
Hello Aravot,

I had that bad feeling...:-) after what I've read everywhere. So I guess I will have to pave the road for my clients with..red arrows and hopefully they won't get lost.

Now please would you mind to give me another 5 minutes: if it was not downloadable goods, then what the best way to approach that problem: give a choice: register or checkout without registering - does that also would work with only Paypal? And what do I have to do to accomplish that?

Thank you so much for your help both of you. I really appreciate your time.

Sincerely.

allegra

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 20:12:47 pm »
Hello Aravot.

The problem: to give the choice to the customer to checkout without registering. What is the best way to set that up without disabling the joomla login.

Thank you again for your help.

allegra

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 20:33:41 pm »
Thank you Aravot. I will read that.

Thank you for your time.

jschafer52

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 15:09:30 pm »
I have a problem that my Virtuemart and Joomla registration are not the same, I would like it so that my customers can register for 1 and it compines the two places.  Is this possiable?

I have my VM account set up to "silent" please let me know,

Jim
www.FukkenWax.com