Author Topic: adding plugin/mambot to "short description"  (Read 54297 times)

hellfirexx456

• Beginner
Re: adding plugin/mambot to "short description"
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 21:42:22 pm »
Hey there,

it wont work for me... i dont know why..

I want to put a mp3player in the short description of virtuemart.. But it doesnt work..

I editet the shop browse.html but it doesnt work.. im very frustrated right now because i searched the whole internet and found no solution for my problem..

the mp3player works in regular contents but not in vm. it just shows the code in vm.

I use Joomla 1.5.22 and Virtuemart 1.1.6 stable..

i really hop u can help me..

kind regards and greets from germany

david

orasis

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 23:33:04 pm »
what mp3 player you use ?
is it a joomla plugin/mambot ? or is it an external (non joomla) one ?

hellfirexx456

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:07 am »
hey,

i use the onepixelout player..
http://www.cocut.cn/jstuff/jextension/2502-one-pixel-out-player-plugin-for-joomla-15.html

im pretty sure it is a joomla plugin..

orasis

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 03:39:26 am »
it looks like it is on the site you gave ..if you installed this one (looks like the one you are saying too):
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia/multimedia-players/audio-players-a-gallery/4197
..then it for sure is a joomla plugin. I can't say the differences with yours, the got similar name.

If you didn't install it via the traditional joomla installer, then I don't think the above trick will work..

In any case, what code do you use to show the player elsewhere on the site, in an joomla article for example ? something like this ?
Code: [Select]
{play}directory/file.mp3{/play}
if yes, are you able to show the player in a joomla article ?
if yes, did you enable: VirtueMart > Admin > Configuration > Frontend Features > Enable content mambots / plugins in descriptions?
if yes, are you using exactly the same code on the product's short description ?
if yes again, then something else is wrong.

hellfirexx456

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:11 am »
the code i use to show the plugin looks like this
{audio}images/stories/previews/file.mp3{/audio}

and yes it works with a regular article..
i didnt enable the option "Enable content mambots / plugins in descriptions" but even if i enable it it doesnt work..
and yes again.. im using the same code in the description...

could it have somethin to do with the template? im using the rockettheme MYNX template... i even cant put an html code in the description..

i really hope someone can help me

hellfirexx456

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 22:52:00 pm »
never mind

i got it to work...

thx for ur help

mokospeti

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 11:15:43 am »
Hi!

Could you tell me what was the problem? Was it the template? I also use mynxx, and mambots also don't  work in short description.

Thanks

Eurodolphin

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 17:54:42 pm »
Hi hellfirexx456, your post has been read twenty one thousand times. Can you tell us all what you did to fix your problem.

Habbakuk

• Beginner
    • Rolex Replica
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 06:22:44 am »
Will this hack work on version 2.0? Rolex Replica
Replica Watch

zorkhh

• Advanced
    • vm-expert.com
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:17 am »
Hi,

by default, plugins are never executed for the short-description. But it is quite easy to solve this.

Go to the template file you want to add the plugin (e.g. browse_1) and find the place where the description is echoed (e.g. $product_s_desc). Replace the echo command with this

echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$product_s_desc);

Now, the plugins are executed for the short-description.

Attention: Joomla checks every installed content-plugin for each product you show on the page. If you have 5 plugins installed and have a browse-page with 50 products, 250 plugins are triggered. This may make your page slow...

Here are some other tricks with plugins in Virtuemart: http://www.vm-expert.com/virtuemart-expert-blog/101-content-plugins-in-all-virtuemart-themes

Thomas
Virtuemart Professional Support at http://www.vm-expert.com

Visit the large Virtuemart Group on Joomla.org: http://people.joomla.org/groups/viewgroup/30-Virtuemart.html

sumoniko

• Beginner
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 19:40:08 pm »
Plugins can normally only be used within the long description. But they can be used in the short description with a simple code hack.

In shop.browse.php find the following code around line 403

$product_details = $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_FLYPAGE_LBL');

Immediately before that line insert the following

$product_s_desc = vmCommonHTML::ParseContentByPlugins( $product_s_desc );

shop.browse.php is located in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/

This has been tested with 1 PixelOut Audio Player 1.5.1 on Joomla 1.5.3 with VirtueMart 1.1 final. I do not know if this hack has security implications, but it works for me.

I'm using VM 2.0 on Joomla 2.5 and I'd like to insert a plugin in the short description as well, but I can't find the PHP files you listed above to edit...Are they renamed? If so, please please please tell me how/where to locate them. Thanks!

Garias

• Beginner
    • Jak Schudnac
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 23:01:32 pm »
Plugins can normally only be used within the long description. But they can be used in the short description with a simple code hack.

In shop.browse.php find the following code around line 403

$product_details = $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_FLYPAGE_LBL');

Immediately before that line insert the following

$product_s_desc = vmCommonHTML::ParseContentByPlugins( $product_s_desc );

shop.browse.php is located in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/

This has been tested with 1 PixelOut Audio Player 1.5.1 on Joomla 1.5.3 with VirtueMart 1.1 final. I do not know if this hack has security implications, but it works for me.

I'm using VM 2.0 on Joomla 2.5 and I'd like to insert a plugin in the short description as well, but I can't find the PHP files you listed above to edit...Are they renamed? If so, please please please tell me how/where to locate them. Thanks!

I have the exact same problem, can't find the PHP files and I have looked for them everywhere. Have even googled this but did not find anything regarding the location of the files. Would appreciate if you could tell us where to find them.

biancakingkoy

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 11:07:22 am »
I'm really having a hard time adding this plug-in but thanks that I found this information..

Asian Makeup
Makeup Styles

Key4625

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 11:12:01 am »
hello all! I'm trying to insert a blinking text into the label of the custom attributes .. I tried to insert the lines below but to no avail, it is sure that the reference is changed, instead of the short description but do not know to use as a reference. you have any ideas?

(I'm using VM1.1.9 and Joomla 1.5)