Author Topic: Flypage  (Read 3378 times)

JoeP

• Beginner
Flypage
« on: May 19, 2008, 23:48:31 pm »
Hi Guys, So im trying to edit a few things on the fly page that im stuck on..

Where navigation is at the top of the page (e.g, home > products > etc )Just bellow it you have an arrow pointing left and one pointing right which is to scroll previous or next product.. how can i remove this?

Also, how can i display the manufacturer in the fly page.. i have tried <?php echo $product_manufacturer ?> and <?php echo $manufacturer_name ?> but neither work. which is the correct code?

JoeP

• Beginner
Re: Flypage
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 22:18:37 pm »
Hi Guys i managed to sort out the navigation. still not managed to sort out how to show manufacturer.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

pcjunkie

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:23:04 am »
Where navigation is at the top of the page (e.g, home > products > etc )Just bellow it you have an arrow pointing left and one pointing right which is to scroll previous or next product.. how can i remove this?

Viewing in IE7?

Add <br/> to the flypage as a simple solution. You can make it more browser specific by applying a div or a span and styling it.
Code: [Select]
<?php if( !defined'_VALID_MOS' ) && !defined'_JEXEC' ) ) die( 'Direct Access to '.basename(__FILE__).' is not allowed.' ); ?>

<br/>

<?php echo $buttons_header // The PDF, Email and Print buttons ?>

<?php echo $manufacturer_link ?> or <?php echo $vendor_link ?>

JoeP

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 14:57:04 pm »
Thanks for your reply. That sorted out the first bit!  :)

In regards to the manufacturer, its the name i need to display not the link. I'm Guessing i would have to first write a code on a different page to get the information from the database as when i use  <?php echo $manufacturer_name ?> it doesnt display anything..

pcjunkie

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:29:30 am »
I found this in /components/vmart/templates/themes/ourtheme/pages/

manufacuterer.tpl.php

$mf_name

You could try using that...
<?php echo $mf_name ?>

If not then I suspect that you will need to find the manufacturer pages in the admin section and make it point to the flypage as well so it can be called.

JoeP

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 21:16:10 pm »
Thanks pcjunkie! <?php echo $mf_name ?> didnt work but i will do what you mentioned..

pcjunkie

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:38:14 am »
I tried adding this to admin/html/shop.manufacturer_page.php.

line 44

Code: [Select]
)
);
echo $tpl->fetch('pages/shop.manufacturer.tpl.php');
// add this line and connect flypage
    echo $tpl->fetch('product_details/flypage.tpl.php');
}

After that I added the calls from shop.manufacturer.tpl.php but it failed to call anything at all other than the link to the pop up.

I don't know where to look now as VM is not my thing. I find it odd that you could do this with a browse page and it would work but not much works in the flypage and the Flypage is where you want the most information available.

JoeP

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 14:47:52 pm »
Ye its a bit odd.. I didnt need short description so i used that to display the manufacturer.. I have to manually type the manufacturer name in short description for each item but it will have to do.. :)