Author Topic: sh404SEF and having to Purge URLS and regenerate???  (Read 6204 times)

gary9999

• Beginner
sh404SEF and having to Purge URLS and regenerate???
« on: June 18, 2008, 00:44:14 am »
Hi,
I've sorting out someones very large site and i've got sh404SEF generating great URLS but everytime I change something on virtuemart or anything else to be true i've got to Purge the url cache and then regenerate either by using a sitemap generator which can't generate for every component i've got on there or do a linkcheck on entire site which takes a whole night.

Is there anyway that when I change something on virtuemart that the SEF urls get automatically updated?

shumisha

• Beginner
    • Joomla sef url with sh404sef
Re: sh404SEF and having to Purge URLS and regenerate???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 14:15:16 pm »
Hi,

What is it that you are changing ? You only have to purge urls if you changed a setting that alter the way URLs are built (ie : add or remove a suffix like .html, add or remove product categories, ...)
Of course, if you rename products categories, you should also have the new urls generated.
If your changes may have a limited impact, instead of purging urls you may want to only go to the SEF URL list, select those urls affected by the changes using the filter and delete them, this way you will need the sitemap generator browse only a limited part of your site.

RGds