Author Topic: Credit Card Type not found  (Read 49535 times)

pilotjourney

• Pilot Journey
Re: Credit Card Type not found
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 19:55:56 pm »
This fix did not fix it for me.  I tried this first...then added the hard coded drop down and it now works on some browsers and computers in our office but not on all of them.

This is really sad.  A shopping cart that does not consistently take credit cards.

What to do?

VM 1.13 : J 1.5.9 : SEF Advance
Dedicated Server : PHP 5.X
Mod_rewrite : .htaccess

dontflinch

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 20:28:36 pm »
it never fixed it for me either.  I wound up doing a full backup of data I had entered and then reinstalled. 

I did so by downloading a fresh copy of the ecommerce package and if I remember right I used the vm linked mirror because the vm local one was older (and there was no where to report this issue as I recall too)...? 

anyway, Lo and behold the cc choice was now there.

NOW, here's the real kicker.  Now that I have the whole thing working and have had orders placed I see that the choice is not even reflected ANYWHERE in any view that is presented to admin or user in order info, it just gets swallowed up in ethernet and is not used anyway.  I guess all visa's are 4### numbers and mc 5###  and that's how you'd tell the diff - if you even needed to.   ::)

If I were still trying to fix this problem I would try to get rid of it rather than fix it.  jmho.

pilotjourney

• Pilot Journey
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 20:42:05 pm »
the challenge with this problem is that it is computer/browser dependent and/or it depends on what type of registration process is selected.

this makes debugging very hard.

posters: Please post browser type, version and if allowed java script AND what type of registration you use...ie: silent, none, optional, etc
VM 1.13 : J 1.5.9 : SEF Advance
Dedicated Server : PHP 5.X
Mod_rewrite : .htaccess

poundsixzeros

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 20:25:48 pm »
I got cjmicro's solution to work on J1.5.11 VM1.1.3.  All hail cjmicro!

I'm kinda surprised this problem made it to 1.1.3 but whatever. It works now. For people who can't get it to work, just for fun, try hardcoding the entire path in cjmicros solution. Like http://YOUR SITE URL/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js .

dontflinch

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 00:23:17 am »
I did a re-install and so I can no longer complain or actively report on this problem. I have also reported here or elsewhere that when working completely properly that this choice is not really necessary as far as I can tell.  the input from the drop down doesn't seem to be needed for processing and isn't outputted anywhere that I can see. 

I do recall that I had no different result with any of the 3 browsers that I use IE6 IE7 and FF, when I was having the problem. 

I also saw this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39515.msg187175#msg187175
and think that might be correct.  when I re-installed I thought I noticed some of the default registration options had changed.

BASiK

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 07:29:34 am »
jeez it seems that no one really answers any questions on these boards.

if you're using joomla 1.5.x the solution is a very easy one liner.

in the following file,
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/checkou/list_payment_methods.tpl.php

add the following line anywhere after the comments,

Code: [Select]

JHTML::script('joomla.javascript.js','includes/js/');
I created an account here at this site, just to say thanks! This was a lifesaver! You rock!

mgvm

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 12:11:28 pm »
Thanks cjmicro,

solution works in Joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.1.3. Much appreciated!  8)

daxon

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 07:33:09 am »
Adding this

JHTML::script('joomla.javascript.js','includes/js/');
to this:

components\com_virtuemart\themes\<yourTheme>\templates\checkout\list_payment_methods.tpl.php
also worked for me when trying to create an order without user registration. Thank you very much.

Jenni

• Beginner
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 11:39:39 am »
The javascript fix worked for me too.  Thanks!!

aliburch

• Beginner
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 00:59:19 am »
I am having a similar problem but with Paypal.
If I log into a customer account using my default admin ID, The payment type shows up as Paypal.

However, any new customer accounts I create just shows an empty space next to payment method.

I am using Joomla Version 1.5.14 and VirtueMart 1.1.4.

Any ideas please?

mike68

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 21:47:44 pm »
I get the Error:Credit Card Type not found
AND
Error: We did not receive a proper PayPal token to verify your payment and order

when I get asked to confirm my order on return from PayPal sandbox. I'm using The Canadian PayPal extension. It was working while using vm 1.1.3. I updated to 1.1.4 and it stopped working so I went back to 1.1.3 and now it still doesn't work.

I've tried every solution I could find on the forums here as well to no avail. I fear I may have to reinstall and start from scratch.

cherubini

• Beginner
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 18:07:55 pm »
Didn't fix it for me yet.  J1.5.15  VM 1.1.4

I'm only trying to use PayPal.  If a user already exists it works fine.  But if you are creating a new user it skips the part where you choose payment method and goes straight to the checkout review with no payment method...  I've even activated other methods and no luck.  It does the same thing.

EDIT:  I've seen on other posts that it is a template problem of not loading js but even these fixex don't work for me.  Yet.

Here is a link to the other post hhttp://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39515.msg187175#msg187175

Thanks in advance for your help!

cherubini

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 21:15:48 pm »
Got it to work!

The only thing I changed was Shopper Group... back to default group as default.  It's working.

Newb2vm

• Beginner
Re: Error: Please select a Payment Method.
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 04:41:25 am »
Hmm , well this is like a random thing I suppose but it is very frustrating.

I also have a problem whereby the error Error: Please select a Payment Method. comes up on one log in. but not on 2 others.

Iam concerned if it picks these accounts at random?

as I have had several clients register to the site through the cart but no orders. is this because the cart stops functioning at this point? after all the technical processe's of slecting an item , registering account , clicking through numerous windows with settings for postal address's , shipping methods and finally clickign on the terms and conditions before clicking 'Finally' the [send] button.

Only to have an error put before you at the top stating;

Error: Please select a Payment Method.

we've had no sales through the website what so ever... its been up for 12months. nothing.

is there a fix for this ?...
The greatest learning curve , is to be willing to learn..
~myself.

stavroch

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 11:59:18 am »
I have the same error in IE in firefox, google chrome I dont have this problem
The VirtueMart 1.1.9 and Joomla 1.5.25