Author Topic: SEO Friendly URL's dont work right  (Read 8604 times)

mwginvestments

• Beginner
SEO Friendly URL's dont work right
« on: May 15, 2008, 20:11:18 pm »
I have joomla 1.53, PHP 5, VM 1.1 installed.

I have .htaccess setup. I have the SEO Friendly settings in Global checked...

I got this to work properly in VM 1.015 and JOOMLA 1.015

No matter what SEO URL mod (SH404SEF, SmartSEF, I have... it initially works with VM category module + links, product links, etc. working meaning the url goes to a "SEO friendly" url... however, when I pick a product sub category - the data that comes up is incorrect. Or if I switch the amount of products to show to say from 20 to 50 the product category changes - the categories change to the next one or some other category rather than just increase the product count to 50 in the present category... Some of the SEO URL extensions/mod/plugins - when you select a category from the Virtuemart category mod it goes to a 404 page... as soon as I disable the module or plugin I have no issues...

I know 1.1 is new and so is 1.53... is this an issue that still is in the research stage or has someone figured out to make this work? I dont mind having standard URL's but the google sitemap's kick it back with a 301 error or whatever saying to many redirects...

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
Re: SEO Friendly URL's dont work right
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 21:02:11 pm »
You are invited to se a topic and participate.
First try this solution.
Ciao

mwginvestments

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 19:46:18 pm »
Is there a Sitemap generator that works with Artio JoomSef and creates a google sitemap that google will accept using the SEO friendly Artio generated URL's and wont take 3 days to build on a 10000 product site?

also what does it mean when google says on a sitemap I provided that the links submitted "contain too many redirects." and then they reference I think a 303 error...

My site links are just regular VM links.

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 20:49:13 pm »
search Xmap 1.1 and VirtueMart plugin for it

mwginvestments

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 00:44:27 am »
I have xmap and the vm ext for it... Created like 6 url's for a 8000 product site... didnt work too well.. any settings that you reccomend on that?

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 00:47:45 am »
best thing is to try on a fresh installation. I test now what is writen in my avatar, and works well. I cannot advise you on joomla 1.0

mwginvestments

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 00:53:58 am »
Dont have the time to do an entire new install on an almost completed site.. Also - this is Joomla 1.53 and VM 1.1...not joomla 1.0

Looking for a workable solution...

So you dont know a component or module or bot that actually works in creating a sitemap that incorporates Artio Joom SEF URL's?

Also - how can xmap work on a fresh install but now when its already installed... why would that matter? either it works or it doesnt...

mwginvestments

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 01:15:38 am »
Was wondering..
under Artio JoomSEF it rewrites the mod using say the category and product name... and throws html at the end and you get a nice url.

anyway it can rewrite it with just say the sku..ie
product A has a sku of 12345
so the rewritten URL is now:
abc.com/12345.html?

I am sure it can be done somehow ... instead of hitting the database up for the product name or categor - just hit it up with the sku and use that info.

Would that be done with just rewritting the htaccess or in the code of the actual component?

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 01:19:47 am »
I realy don know that, Sorry

mwginvestments

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 01:32:08 am »
This would solve a lot of my problmes.. as my URL's wont change if I change product info around such as category or name AND I can write my own sitemap because I would know what the rewritten url would be...

Hopefully someone sees this post and can help.

If I can get a Fix to Artio JoomSEF that will create URL's with the SKU rather than category/product name... seems like it would be easy... just change whatver variable they use to get product name and use the SKU field instead...
I just dont know enough of PHP to do it..

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 15:17:17 pm »
I must advise, I've heard about serbizzSEFF that with VM core hack, it can work perfect with unique URLs for every item, pagination and so on, but is uses a lot of resources, as they admit.