News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal Initial Page in Wrong Language

Started by Carpman, May 15, 2008, 20:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpman

I am having issues with the initial payment page using the PayPal payment module.

Firstly this is not a Virtuemart issue, but I still need assistance to what I think the problem is.

To put you in the picture we live in Spain, but we have a site for an English client hosted on Spanish servers. When a customer clicks to pay using PayPal they are getting the initial screen in Spanish and panicking, we are seeing the order but payments are not been processed. From those people we have contacted it is the Spanish language screen putting them off.

I have searched for an answer and it seems we can force the screen to be English but we have to add <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="en"> My problem is where do I put that?

PayPal customer service sucks and its taken all day to get this little piece of information, so hopefully somebody can tell me where it should go?
Regards to you all...

KEVIN

Carpman

Hi Guys

I could really do with your help on this one, a week and no answer is very unusual?

This is causing me great problems and I need to force PayPal's initial screen to be in English, if there is already an answer to this forgive me and please point me in the right direction. We have orders not getting fulfilled because our target market, the UK is abandoning checkout when its in Spanish...

PayPal responded very quickly on this (unusual) now I just need to implement <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB"> somewhere...

HELP!  :-\

Regards to you all...

KEVIN

helpinghand

I have the same problem and am looking for a solution...

Carpman

It's a pity nobody can help us, I feel this is a very, very important issue and I am very surprised that after all this time we still do not have an answer.

Is this a bug, there there a fix, we have the resolution from PayPal (quickly which is strange) but need assistance with the Virtuemart code.

Can a moderator maybe highlight this to a developer, maybe the answer is simple, maybe it isn't. All I know is that we are getting orders aborted, not many, but I hoped someone would assist before we made the decision of stripping Virtuemart from this and future sites...

If you can help us or point in the right direction we would be grateful...
Regards to you all...

KEVIN

papermakeit

The problem is not only the language itself, but the origin site that manage the transaction. My PayPal is from Italy; if you see my Italian page in English the problem remains because you cannot pay in your original currency.

I solved this forcing User to choose the country when registering. In this way the PayPal page is directly the same as the User origin with his currency.

To force this, when a guest wants to register to your site, change the link "Register" so that it is the same than "create new account" from Virtuemart page.

So, the database is syncronized and the problem disappears.

I hope this helps.

Claudio

helpinghand

Hi,

Thanks for the tip Claudio.

I actually have found the solution to force the PayPal setup. This is done by sending this to PayPal:

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">

You need to edit the paypal payment method detaiils. Go to configuration and edit "Payment Extra Info". After this:

$post_variables = Array(

add:

"lc" => "US",

So this will give you:

<?php
$url = "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr";
$tax_total = $db->f("order_tax") + $db->f("order_shipping_tax");
$discount_total = $db->f("coupon_discount") + $db->f("order_discount");
$post_variables = Array(
"lc" => "US",
"cmd" => "_xclick",
"business" => PAYPAL_EMAIL,
"receiver_email" => PAYPAL_EMAIL,
"item_name" => $VM_LANG->_PHPSHOP_ORDER_PRINT_PO_NUMBER.": ". $db->f("order_id"),
"order_id" => $db->f("order_id"),
"invoice" => $db->f("order_number"),
"amount" => round( $db->f("order_subtotal")+$tax_total-$discount_total, 2),
"shipping" => sprintf("%.2f", $db->f("order_shipping")),
"currency_code" => $_SESSION['vendor_currency'],"first_name" => $dbbt->f('first_name'),
"last_name" => $dbbt->f('last_name'),
"address_street" => $dbbt->f('address_1'),
"address_zip" => $dbbt->f('zip'),
"address_city" => $dbbt->f('city'),
"address_state" => $dbbt->f('state'),
"address_country" => $dbbt->f('country'),
"image_url" => $vendor_image_url,
"return" => SECUREURL ."index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=checkout.result&order_id=".$db->f("order_id"),
"notify_url" => SECUREURL ."administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php",
"cancel_return" => SECUREURL ."index.php",
"undefined_quantity" => "0",
"test_ipn" => PAYPAL_DEBUG,
"pal" => "NRUBJXESJTY24",
"no_shipping" => "1",
"no_note" => "1"
);
if( $page == "checkout.thankyou" ) {
$query_string = "?";
foreach( $post_variables as $name => $value ) {
$query_string .= $name. "=" . urlencode($value) ."&";
}
mosRedirect( $url . $query_string );
} else {

echo '<form action="'.$url.'" method="post" target="_blank">';
echo '<input type="image" name="submit" src="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but6.gif" border="0" alt="Make payments with PayPal, it is fast, free, and secure!" />';

foreach( $post_variables as $name => $value ) {
echo '<input type="hidden" name="'.$name.'" value="'.$value.'" />';
}

echo '</form>';

}
?>

Carpman

Hi Claudio and thank you for your reply.

The problem I have and I think David had as well, is that our sites are based in Spain or on Spanish servers but are in English. My clients in the UK complete checkout then when are redirected to PayPal get the first page in Spanish, they have already registered on my site at this stage with a UK address.

Even those with a UK PayPal account still get the page in Spanish until they login. I know it should be easy for them to login no matter what the first page language is, but having spoken to some of them they have aborted payment as they are not happy with a foreign language even though when they have logged in their English preferences are restored.

I don't know if that made sense, or maybe you are suggesting some other way but I cannot see how?

I will try what David has done with the PayPal suggestion and hopefully report success, thanks to you both for helping!
Regards to you all...

KEVIN

Carpman

David

Nice one, worked for me, just getting someone in UK to check and see what happens on theirĀ“s.

I like how using "lc" => "US" has forced a English screen but they now have language options at the top which they didn't have before by default, fab!
Regards to you all...

KEVIN

rossi256

Hi,

I am trying to get my paypal-pages work in the correct language.
My website is in 5 languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian).

I changed the paypal-script, so that it delivers the 2 digit country code from the order to paypal through the lc variable.

Problem:
Paypal does only know something like 5 or 6 languages as far as i know. And i think those languages are not all linked to the according lc variables. - i tested that with for example Chile - 2 digit code CL - when posting it through the script, an english Paypal-checkout-page comes up.
So i think it would be necessary to post the language variables such as ES for spanish, US or UK for English, DE for German,...

I want to post the current Site-language (Joomfish) - but i don't know enough about joomla to know how to get the current language into a variable to post it to paypal in the lc variable....

if anybody knows how, please let me know!
thanks!
Rossi

estrosgr

just change Payment Extra Info

FROM
$post_variables = Array(
"cmd" => "_cart",

======================
TO
$post_variables = Array(
"charset"=>"UTF-8",
"cmd" => "_cart",

i found this solution in internet,
Working for Me!

(VirtueMart 1.1.3)

enspyre

Seems like this thread never had a solution to the problem of how to get PayPal to show up in the language chosen in Joomfish. Hard coding it for a specific language doesn't solve that problem.

Does anyone know how to make something like:
"lc" => [LANGUAGE CHOSEN IN JOOMFISH],

I have searched and searched and not found a solution.

Thanks!

CourtneyMacfarlane

Hello, Just thought id register to make a quick comment to see if anyone could tell me how i get to the CONFIGURATION part haha im completely stuck sitting here trying to figure it.. Basically have the same problem. The company i work for in spain, When our customers in UK go to pay, goes straight to paypal in spanish.. ino its just a click away to change that but what can we do! Im not to smart with computers to be fairly honest but if anyone can talk me through it or give me a few hints id really appreciate it, thank-you! Courtney.

Scar

Carl Henry

Hello All,

Even though this post has been around for a while I thought I'd share a solution I found in Virtuemart 1.1.9;

Under Admin > Manage User Fields - activate the "Country Field" which is a 'Select' i.e. dropdown option - when they select their preferred country (Language) Paypal selects this language on the first payment page.

I also edited the Lable in my sign up form to mention "Language/Country" to make it clearer.

The only issue is that if you have, say, an English speaker living in Spain with a Spanish Credit card they have to change back to the Spanish language to use a Spanish Card if they want to pay using a card rather than their paypal account. But if they have managed to get a non-English Bank Account then they should be able to read the instructions.

I hope this helps someone.

Best regards,

Carl Henry
Carl Henry Global - Website Design and Online Marketing information - An online information resource for everything to do with building websites, developing websites, upgrading websites, managing websites, marketing websites, eBooks & eReports and selling your products & services online.

http://www.carlhenryglobal.com

Jan the Artist

If you enter PayPal.co.uk the initial page should come up in English. Works for me.