News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[TRACKER 2106] Browser goes blank when trying to access orders

Started by juppjupp, May 15, 2008, 14:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juppjupp

It just goes blank (white page) when clicking the order number in the orders list
and this in the browser window adress: index2.php?page=order.order_print&limitstart=0&keyword=&order_id=249&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I am logged in as admin, front page.
almost the same problem in backend, but the layout breaks..

Any clues?

Updated from VM 1.0.15 J 1.0.15  ->   VM 1.1 Latest nightly / J 1.0.15
Same problem in IE and FireFox

T.

juppjupp

Update:

-Tried to change the joomla template : no success

-Tried to reinstall the old database and put back old
files (VM 1.0.15 / J 1.0.15) and upgrade to VM 1.1 Latest nightly : I now get the data, but the page layout is broke, and many buttons are gone (see attachment)

-I get the same problem in the backend admin... btw. I get all the data
fast and it shows correctly if I press the print view button, both backend and frontend.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

juppjupp

Ah... I found the problem... See, I have got 62.000 SKU´s (products) in my webshop, when I cut it down to 1.000 it works fine...

Could someone fix it? It worked fine in VM 1.0.15.

T.

juppjupp

I posted the problem/bug here;

http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/issue/2106?navigation=true

Bug [# 2106]  Browser goes blank when trying to access orders (both front/backend)

aravot

It works OK for me but I only have few products, 62000 sku is different question, anyone with 1000+ sku's please try and let us know.

juppjupp

I have tried to set up a duplicate, and I get the same problem there.. Might be a SQL-query/timeout thing.. btw I just wanted to make it clear that the order pops up fast without problems when I click the print view button...

djlongy

I confirm this, using night build VM 1.1.1400. I got 788 rows in _vm_product table.

However, this happens only in frontend (Administration-Orders-select order details). I upgraded from VM 1.1 stable because in IE 7 this particular screen was extremely wide (FF was ok). Now "wideness" is gone, but screen looks like "text-only". No button, pure information.

Screen attached (blurred to prevent data disclosure)...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

juppjupp

Quote from: djlongy on May 22, 2008, 20:28:02 PM
I confirm this, using night build VM 1.1.1400. I got 788 rows in _vm_product table.
However, this happens only in frontend (Administration-Orders-select order details). I upgraded from VM 1.1 stable because in IE 7 this particular screen was extremely wide (FF was ok). Now "wideness" is gone, but screen looks like "text-only". No button, pure information.
Screen attached (blurred to prevent data disclosure)...

Hi djlongy, how many products do you have in the database? :)

juppjupp

Anyone else who can confirm this? :)

My browser almost hangs (FF 2.0) and gets unresponsive...

juppjupp

I´m considering to hire a pro. programmer to have a look at this problem.. will post the code here when/if he solves it.. :)

juppjupp

I solved the problem myself.

I removed the following line "<?php $ps_order_change_html->html_change_add_item() ?>"   

from the file "order.order_print.php"

The listing of 63.000 SKUs was apparently too much for a drop down list :)

T.