Author Topic: [solved] one purchase per account?  (Read 2237 times)

carsten888

• pages-and-items.com
[solved] one purchase per account?
« on: May 15, 2008, 13:58:19 pm »
(sight)
I want to sell Joomla components with Virtuemart. Actually the license-keys for them. the license-key will be generated from a domain-name-field in the registration (I hacked 'address 1') and displayed after purchase. so there can only be one purchase per account.
To make this work I need to:
- disable the 'returning customers login' (searched this forum, plenty of people want this, but no fix)
- disable the 'account maintenance' page. (in the module you can hide the link, but this does not disable the account-edit page ) :o

I feel there has to be an easyer way to do this.

anyone?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: one purchase per account?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 12:46:41 pm »
Try using the no account creation for user registration type.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.8 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM .3.6.0.10075 on Joomla 3.9.8

carsten888

• pages-and-items.com
Re: one purchase per account?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 17:02:01 pm »
I checked that, but I would like users to have an account as well, so I know who my customers are.

anyway, I gave up on this idea. instead I did this:
normal virtuemart 1.1 setup. after purchase, logged in users click in the users-menu on 'my license keys' (component I made) to get their license key.

solved.

thanks for reply.

dado023

• Beginner
Re: [solved] one purchase per account?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 19:29:56 pm »
hi there i see you tried somthinig similar to what i need.

I am selling software license key-codes, now i am doint it manually and it is a freaking nightmare.

I am trying to find a joomla solution for this purpose.
It would be best if i could have all license keys in one txt file, and if virtuemart would automatically use the next licence key after it sells the previous one

thanks in advance

carsten888

• pages-and-items.com
Re: [solved] one purchase per account?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:42 am »
It would be best if i could have all license keys in one txt file, and if virtuemart would automatically use the next licence key after it sells the previous one
wow, that sounds like a challenge.
I made my own component 'my license keys'. And linked to that from the users' menu. It showed a list of the users purchases and license keys which they could copy-paste into a textfield on the configuration-page. In the license keys page I checked who was logged in and with a bunch of queries checked what they purchased by this user and what was payed for (status=='C').
My license keys would be used in Ioncube encrypted extensions. So the key in the config was read and checked to match the extension and the domain it was used on. But in your case you could create a lot of keys in the database and sell them one after the other.

I made my script for virtuemart 1.0.15 and can send it to you if you like. It needs adopting to the newer version no doubt.

On a side-note, I have switched to unencrypted commercial GPL without license keys, which sells a lot better.