News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Any Decent PayPal Pro Mods?

Started by killermobile, May 14, 2008, 19:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killermobile

Finding a TRULY working PayPal Pro module is proving to be a nightmare.

* the version by Zenat design - didn't work at all, a complete waste, no support by the developer after various emails - Stay away from this one at all costs

* I bought another from inkreloaded - pretty much the same as the above, except for it actually worked to a certain degree, and had better looking checkout graphics which was nice. Downside was that it didn't step the user through registration before clicking the PayPal express checkout - which pretty much made the PayPal express module included in this mod a waste, and thus not a complete working solution

* I finally opted for the most expensive of the three from E-Com solutions - and once again, a complete and total WASTE! PayPal Express didn't work at all in this one - it just kept redirecting the user back to the payment form - if by some miracle they tried again, it would finally go through. Then came the bizarre PayPal Pro issues, completely random and impossible to figure out how or why they were occuring. One user managed to pay 10 times and only one of the payments actually initiated an order, the next day someone paid 3 times, with no order. Emails to the developer were useless - "Turn off SEF" - which I did, and the PayPal Express still didn't work (the paypal pro issues were too random to even know if it made a difference) - but why on earth would you have to turn off SEF to begin with. Plus, the PayPal Pro method didn't return any specific denied transaction text, which made the mod even more worthless. I asked for a refund, and was told I had to give them access to my site to attempt to troubleshoot - WTF??? I'm not giving some random developer the keys to my site, not to mention the use of this mod already hammered my sales. So, strike three!

* From what I've read the "free" PayPal pro mod is pretty unstable, so I'm afraid to even give it a try.

So now I'm back to using the 2nd Mod mentioned above for PayPal Pro (which does work) along with the standard PayPal payment mod that comes with virtuemart - together with a little self made mod, the checkout process actually works. The downside is that when checking out via PayPal, the order gets initiated before the payment is made - which is just annoying.

Soooo... the question is - is there any PayPal Pro mod that actually works from start to finish, or maybe there's a fix for the default PayPal issue I noted above?

Cheers!

Josh

aravot

There will be a PayPal Pro payment module with VirtueMart 1.1.1, currently testing it.

edtandy

ANY ESTIMATE ON WHEN THIS MIGHT BE AVAILABLE?

estreet

Soon hopefully. I'm in desperate need of a pay pal pro module.

Redman

Same here, I'd be happy to help test PayPal Pro for 1.1.1.

Shawn Armstrong

Another vote for Paypal pro mod.  After seeing all the posts on the ones currently available, I'm very nervous about deploying any.