Author Topic: Adding more fields!!!  (Read 1831 times)

wheresmycookie

• Beginner
Adding more fields!!!
« on: May 14, 2008, 18:58:52 pm »
Hello again!

Theres so many things that I want to do.

Part 1:

I want to remove the price field from my store, but leave the 'Add to cart'.  Instead of the price, I would like to put the volume of each product.

I want to make a store where people can buy stuff without seeing the price.  I will contact the person later regarding pricing.

So for example, lets say we have product A, B and C.  The volume of A is 1 cm2, B is 2 cm2 and C is 3 cm2.

So a customer comes and adds A, B and C to his cart and he can see that the total volume of his order 6 cm2 and it states at the bottom of his cart that one order may not exceed 10 cm2.

I think this could be done easily.. all that needs to be done is rename the price field as 'Volume' and change the dollar sign '$' to cm2.

Part 2: (this part is not as important as Part 1.. I need to make Part 1 work before I even worry about Part 2)

To take it further, I would like to make it so that a person cannot exceed the total allowed volume.  So if the customer tries to add more that 10 cm2, he could not. And also a person cannot place the order until he reaches a minimum, such as 9 cm2.

And it would also be nice if the customer could see his order status at the bottom.  So it would show that he has 6 cm2 and that 60% of his order is complete.

If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it!

THANK YOU!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
-NN