Author Topic: Catalog Page Not Showing Products Only Tabs  (Read 5495 times)

rgbartist

• Beginner
Catalog Page Not Showing Products Only Tabs
« on: May 13, 2008, 14:31:03 pm »
ANytime I add more than one product to a category, the products do not show, only 3 tabs with pull down menus that say "Order by" THe options are Product Name Price and Latest Products, but no products show even when selected, IF I take away one product, then the product shows. AM I missing a module possibly??

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
Re: Catalog Page Not Showing Products Only Tabs
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 23:38:38 pm »
Product do not show where? backend or frontend, which version of Joomla are you using, if you are using SEF try without it.

rgbartist

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 18:18:05 pm »
Joomla version 1.0.13  products do not show on the category pages on pages with more than one product, see Border Gear or shirts and you will see: http://borderops.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=95

any category page with one product shows up fine, add more products and all you get are the order tabs,

iqualjo

• jml 1.5.3 / vm 1.1.0
    • JeeJeeStudio The Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 22:24:51 pm »
Hi,
i have got the same here.
The category's are shown but no products (in frontend).
But i did not remove a product yet to test if the rest is shown then.
Only the Tabs are shown (sort by: art nr. etcetera) times the nr of products you have in the category. Also all nescesary module/plugin are activated.

Help please. Thanks.

iqualjo

• jml 1.5.3 / vm 1.1.0
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 08:56:55 am »
Hi, solved it using the latest nightly build, then it works ok again.

Best to you.

iqualjo

• jml 1.5.3 / vm 1.1.0
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 15:10:36 pm »
Hi hope anyone has this too or has a good solution for this.
Again i tried to put multiple product in a category.
Again i do not see the products in the shop but only the tabs where you can choose in what order the products should be displayed.

Yes i did update to 1.1.1 but no luck.

When i add a product then a link lef-up appears, (view current product flypage in shop) here is seems ok, but when entering the shop you'll see no product.

Any help would be very nice.

The last time i had this i solved it using a latest nightly build, but i don't think that should be the correct way to solve things?

Thanks

sevenflo

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 02:43:16 am »
I'm having the same problem. It seems it's not getting the attention it deserves though. I'm using Joomla! 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.1 (recently upgraded from 1.1.0 but the problem remained).

One thing I noticed is that searching for a product retrieves the right product. Even choosing a manufacturer from the list brings up the list of products. But clicking on the category itself brings nothing.

I installed the Virtuemart ecommerce package. If there's any info that would help us to resolve it, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

sevenflo

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 03:09:25 am »
See my website, i just disabled cart functionalities as it's still in the development stage. http://www.perfumedestination.com
On the front page, click on Ladies for example. At the bottom it will say, "Results 1 - 5 of 5" There are 5 products that SHOULD be showing right now. Instead there is an "Order by:" drop down box for every product rather than the product itself. What could do that? Joomla? Virtuemart? The template flypage?

Also, by clicking on "Men" from the frontpage, the front page contents shows up. Under it, is the only men product that has been added. Adding more products show the results of Ladies.

petrutm

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 12:25:26 pm »
Hi. I've got the same problem, but it appeared only after I moved my website from local to the hosting company, meaning from windows (wamp) to Linux.
Website is still working correctly locally.
My guess is that either there is a problem of file rights, either is something related to SEF.
These are the only changes I've made (meaning that I have Joomla SEF activated on the production site).
Website is posted on: http://www.nanokiss.ro
and is based on Joomla 1.5.3 and Virtuemart 1.1.1
Can you please help?
Thanks.

EDIT: Is not SEF, I just checked. And I changed temporary rights on files from components/com_virtuemart and administrator/components/com_virtuemart from 644 to 774 and nothing changed.

iqualjo

• jml 1.5.3 / vm 1.1.0
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 13:17:39 pm »
HI,
Seems that you really have to turn off seo/sef and caching in joomla self. Also some virtuemart modules/plugin have a chache option turn it off too.

It tell's me that virtuemart is not 100% compatible with joomla!
But it then works ok. ANd now you see the ugly links again in the adressbar. but now you can install another seo/sef module wich is compatible with virtuemart again. ??? ??? ???

Yes it's turning the world up side down. ;D

SEO/SEF is build in in joomla, why turn it off and use another to get the same result. ::)

Virtuemart should should be made compatible to joomla and not the other way around! 8)

hope this helps you.

petrutm

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 13:28:01 pm »
Heey, you are right!!! I turned off cache on Joomla site and now it works.
Still I have SEF completely on (Search Engine Friendly URLs, Apache mod_rewrite and add suffix to URLs, all YES)

Thanks!!!   

iqualjo

• jml 1.5.3 / vm 1.1.0
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 17:24:55 pm »
ok i can try that too, turning sef on and see what it does.

sazz

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 20:09:27 pm »
Thanks petrutm you save me :) turn cache off works

iqualjo

• jml 1.5.3 / vm 1.1.0
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 22:31:45 pm »
OK turning sef on and cache off works great!