Author Topic: Category Tree Malfunction?  (Read 2199 times)

NiceIce

• Beginner
    • Nice Ice
Category Tree Malfunction?
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:10:09 am »
Using Joomla 1.0.13 Stable with VirtueMart 1.1.0

I seem to be experiencing some sort of category malfunction where products from one category group keep showing up for other category groups of similar product type.

The Product / View live fly page option available within the product listing displays the correct product and category.

However the product does not appear within the live site under the correct category and product section.

For instance Category / Engagement Rings / Platinum / Knife Edge Solitaires correctly displays all of the knife edge solitaires available.

However Category / Engagement Rings / Yellow Gold / Knife Edge Solitaires shows the platinum options and not the yellow gold options – the category selected for this product group is the knife edge category which appears under the yellow gold section.

The sub-category _3 groups for both Platinum and Yellow Gold were created as “Knife Edge Solitaires” and I thought the issue might be because they have the same sub-category name even though they are located under different primary categories so I added “YG” to the sub-category title under Yellow Gold to no avail.

What am I missing?