News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[FIXED] Problem with Frontend-Administration for non-Backend Users

Started by namee, May 12, 2008, 10:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spencerk

Hi Harry, I have indeed tried it - and it does indeed work!  Thank you very much for your assistance.  Have a nice day.

Spencer

Janbol

Quote from: Preston Moore on September 06, 2008, 21:26:58 PM
I pretty sure you're right Mordor.  It would be nice to how to change the URL to load index2.php instead of index.php.

Hi,

Anyone found THE solution to this? There seems to be a lot of talk about the sh404 SEF module and the frontend storeadmin problem, but for the moment I do not even use sef and still notice the switch of ...index2.php... to ...index.php... which ruins the page layout.

HarryKare

Janbol,

The index.php changing was strictly limited to sh404. You didn't describe how the page layout is a problem or for that matter what version of Joomla or Virtuemart you are using. I have a lot of users using the frontend access to VM administration without problems. If you can be more specific, perhaps I could help.

Harry
Harry Patterson

Janbol

Quote from: HarryKare on October 02, 2009, 14:11:15 PM
Janbol,

The index.php changing was strictly limited to sh404. You didn't describe how the page layout is a problem or for that matter what version of Joomla or Virtuemart you are using. I have a lot of users using the frontend access to VM administration without problems. If you can be more specific, perhaps I could help.

Harry
Hi Harry,

The combination is: Virtuemart 1.1.3 - Joomla 1.5.14 - no sh404 or SEF module installed – ya_purity template (changed the css, but  testing with other original templates makes no difference. In the Joomla configuration, URL SEF is OFF, add URL suffix is OFF.

The above combination is being tested locally (Apache 2.0.59 / PHP 5.2.3 / db 5.0.41) before installing the shop on the client's webspace.

Problem: When I access the store through the front end as storeadmin the shop appears as expected but when I click on the icon ORDERS and then try to look at the details of an order by clicking on an order in the list, the layout is compressed into a smaller area (it looks like the order is only shown in the "content" area of the site, so page elements are overlapping, the size of the middle content area of a 3-colum design and this is not workable. Firefox, IE or Safari, all show the same error.

What I notice is this: when I point the mouse over the order-details link and look at what's shown, I see: http://...mysite.../index2.php?page=order.order_print&limitstart=0&keyword ... etc
But when the linked content loads the URL shown in the browser has changed to:
http://...mysite.../index.php?page=order.order_print&limitstart=0&keyword= ... etc
and the result is a scrambled layout, but when I stay on that page and manually change index.php to index2.php in the URL of the browser and reload the page, the order-details page shows up normally. The layout is still not 100% to my liking but that's another matter.

Furthermore: it is strange that after logging in as storeadmin, looking at the "scrambled" order, then logging out and immediately logging in again, the problem sometimes goes away, until the next time you log in.

Question: so why does the page (more often than not) change from ...index2.php... to ...index.php... after clicking on an order link?

Hope the above explanation makes things more clear.

Jan

HarryKare

Jan,

Sorry for the delay, had many problems this week. It sounds as though your admin panel is opening within your template, rather than full screen. When you first click on the admin link from the Virtuemart front end menu can you still see your template or does the admin screen open full screen. If you see only the admin screen, does it then go back to wrapped in the template after selecting the individual order?

Harry
Harry Patterson

Janbol

Quote from: HarryKare on October 24, 2009, 18:25:02 PM
Jan,

Sorry for the delay, had many problems this week. It sounds as though your admin panel is opening within your template, rather than full screen. When you first click on the admin link from the Virtuemart front end menu can you still see your template or does the admin screen open full screen. If you see only the admin screen, does it then go back to wrapped in the template after selecting the individual order?

Harry
Hi Harry,
Sorry, this time it's me that's answering your question late (the project was halted for a month due to other problems that are solved now). To answer your question: yes, the admin screen opens up in full screen, but indeed switches back to the template layout when an order is clicked, and the details page gets "scrambled/compressed". However, when you go back to the shop's frontpage (but still logged as storeadmin) and enter the shop again, clicking on the order again opens the details page in full screen as it should.
I've both upgraded Joomla and Virtuemart to the latest versions but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jan

Janbol

Found a solution to my problem

When logging in as "storeadmin" via the front end, and clicking on an order in the orders list to view the details, the layout got "scrambled/compressed". In fact the order details page opened up within the Joomla template in the component (middle or article) area, while it shouldn't.

To avoid this, I made sure that the choice for Login redirection in the mod_virtuemart_login parameters was set to VirtueMart Home Page and NOT to Joomla! Home Page.

My "special" configuration of the Joomla menus or Virtuemart components could be at the origin of the problem, but I don't know and I don't have the time right now to find the real origin of this "bug".

[attachment cleanup by admin]