News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[FIXED] Problem with Frontend-Administration for non-Backend Users

Started by namee, May 12, 2008, 10:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namee

hi there,
My all Frontend-Administration for non-Backend Users got funny layout after entering admin section. They got a very width screen for their page. that means, they need to move down slide bar to do anything or check anything.

but as an back end admin, i dont need to do anything like that. everything is fine for me.

please tell me what to do for correcting this issue.

thanks

willowtree

it's likely a conflict somewhere with your front end template.
Please add your VM and Joomla Version to your signature to make it easier to help you:

Most of my code posted in the forum is for VirtueMart 1.0  -  not for 1.1

namee

Well, as per my condition, i use vm 1.1 stable ecommerce edition and still using default template for administrator and js_jamba for site, which is provided with pack.eck
Also, didn't modify anything is template.

please give me a idea where to check.

thanks

willowtree

try using firebug for firefox to see where the width is being set on the frontend
Please add your VM and Joomla Version to your signature to make it easier to help you:

Most of my code posted in the forum is for VirtueMart 1.0  -  not for 1.1

Vrocker

I am having the same problem with the frontend admin layout. I want to modify it so it looks more like what is seen in the backend. I remember a post which mentions the file that needs to be adjusted, but after some searching no luck on finding it.

I will post the link if I come by it again.

namee

here is first page for admin

Add product need 4 individual pic for show alll

k0nan

The Official VirtueMart 1.1 User Manual  is out, get a copy now!

Stai cercando aiuto per VirtueMart in Italiano ? Visita VM Italia

futuron

Is there someone who has the awnser to this problem? I think it has something to do with the table width properties. But i cannot find the right page to fix it.

Rob
FuturOn
Come and take a look at my Joomla! website (http://www.futuron.net) for Joomla! support, design and webhosting.

sarahregan

In components/com_virtuemart/js/extjs2/css/ext-all.css change the width in line 72 from 5000px to something more suitable like 700px.ul.x-tab-strip{display:block;width:700px;zoom:1;}

chiareu

I think problems is with CSS style for layout. When you access from frontend, you navigate under index2.php not under Administrator section and you don't have any CSS to control the layout.
Joomla 1.5 + VM 1.1

amardeo

Is there any news on how to handle this problem? I am using Joomla 1.5.4 (just upgraded from 1.5.3) and Virtuemart 1.1.1, running on FreeBSD 6.2. The problem occurs in Firefox 3.0.1 and IE 7.0.5730.11, but not on Opera 9.5. The backend works fine, but the page width when entering Administration from the frontend is huge with FF3 and IE7. Is there a quick fix for this as mentioned by sarahregan?

bon

Yeah, would like to have any help on this matter also.

We have the exact same problem as amardeo above...same browsers/versions, same issue.

I myself am no CSS guru but I reckon the problem lays there somewhere. Did some 'inspecting' with firebug but nada...:\

hlep! :p

Ps.: this is with 1.1.0 ...was about to install 1.1.1 but that wont solve the problem as the above poster(s) use 1.1.1 also ..

bon

eh ? This is now set to [Fixed] when it was "[tracker 2097]" ?

Or does anyone who has a similar problem make a own tracker entry ?