Author Topic: [Solved]How to display manufacturer name on browse page ?  (Read 23544 times)

SoundBs

• Beginner
Re: [Solved]How to display manufacturer name on browse page ?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 11:56:33 am »
Yes! it works :)

p.barg

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • Barg IT
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 12:07:22 pm »
It also works for me.
Is there a way to display the manufacturer also in modules like featured products?

-- Petra

nikas

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 18:54:54 pm »
And this works in VirtueMart 1.1.1 :
Before the line: /*** Add-to-Cart Button ***/
Add: $mf_name = $ps_product->get_mf_name( $db_browse->f('product_id') );
$tpl->set('mf_name',$mf_name);

then in the browse page you can use this variable: $mf_name
for example:
<?php echo $mf_name; ?>
And: put this code before " } // END OF while loop: "
$products[$i]['mf_name'] = $mf_name;
This solution don't work with virtuemart 1.1.3. The problem has not dared.

Vlada_bgd

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 09:35:09 am »
I can`t get it to work also...

nikas

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 11:09:32 am »
I tried $data[$row][] = $ps_product->get_mf_name( $product['product_id']; );. Instead of $mf_name. It does not work. And tried $data[$row][] =  $product['product_id'];, ID product not work

AndyNZL

• Beginner
    • IPO Digital Design
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 22:42:04 pm »
For VM 1.19 to make template variables available to the browse pages you need to alter the shop_browse_queries.php mysql query to get the extra fields (line 37) and then alter shop_browse.php to add the values to the $products[$i] array (line 433). e.g. to add the "unit" (currently unavailable to browse pages) simply add ...  'product_unit' ... to the mysql query in the 1st file and ... $products[$i]['product_unit'] = $db_browse->f("product_unit"); .. to the 2nd file. You can then use $product_unit in your browse page template. :-)

milangb

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 22:37:52 pm »
For VM 1.19 to make template variables available to the browse pages you need to alter the shop_browse_queries.php mysql query to get the extra fields (line 37) and then alter shop_browse.php to add the values to the $products[$i] array (line 433). e.g. to add the "unit" (currently unavailable to browse pages) simply add ...  'product_unit' ... to the mysql query in the 1st file and ... $products[$i]['product_unit'] = $db_browse->f("product_unit"); .. to the 2nd file. You can then use $product_unit in your browse page template. :-)

This actually works, BUT there is a problem, I have only three different manufacturers on my site and I need them to be seen on category browse page, the problem is that only the first manufacturer is showing, even with products from other manufacturers so on my category browse page I have always only the first manufacturer....   Please if anyone can help  :-\   

Maybe there is missing some "Join" statement because the manufacturers are in a different table ? But I do not have the knowledge to resolve this myself.