Author Topic: Pricing and Taxes  (Read 3334 times)

mwginvestments

• Beginner
Pricing and Taxes
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:05:24 am »
I have done several sites and didn’t have this issue. All of a sudden I have this issue… so I redo the site – upgrade to 1.53 Joomla and 1.1 for VM and still have the issue.
The only difference I can tell from this site and others is that it has its own SSL which seems to work well.. I don’t see how that would mess this up.

The site is charmsandpendantsdirect.com

The site was fully completed.. I am in the middle of redoing it using the newest version of joomla and VM.

Ok.. here is the situation..

Say you have a product that is a $1.00
Say the tax for your state is 7%.

How it should go.
You havent logged in or even if you have..
The price of that product and all others show $1.
You log in, tell the system your from the 7% state (or it has that info already)… and the checkout should say
Product XYZ $1
Subtotal $1
Tax Total .07
Total 1.07

Actuality with this site the following is occurring:
The 7% state person log’s in.
Now all the prices everywhere on the site include the 7%..
The checkout is showing:
Product XYZ $1.07
Subtotal $1.07
Total 1.07
Tax Total .07

So the number is right at the end of the day but now all the products are showing post tax price not pre-tax price.
Also – the bill as you are going through the checkout process doesn’t breakdown properly..
Ie. it moves the tax total to the bottom, shows the subtotal with the tax amount and could be confusing.

I do have in the settings the correct show / hide tax things, etc..
The tax rate is set correctly into the settings.
Remember, I got it to work on other sites.

70n1

• Beginner
Re: Pricing and Taxes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 13:26:45 pm »
Hi,
i think I have a similar problem.

I have a Joomla 1.013 with VirtueMart. This week i have upgraded the VirtueMart version to 1.1.0 stable. (My web content dissapeared and i had to uninstall vmproductsnapshots for solve this - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39010.0)

Now the site is fine, but i have a lot of problems with taxes and discount. I change this data in the administration panel and it seems it is correct, this are changed... but in the product details page of the store, it don't shows changes... it shows the values they had before.... I don't can change the values of taxes and discount of the store...
It have different values in the administration panel and in the store.

I don't know solve this problem...    
I have to completely uninstall and reinstall VirtueMart again?

dj4967

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:42 am »
turn off "Show Tax" in shoppers VM Admin>Shopper>List Shoppers Group>click on shopper then untick the box.

Its setup by default to show tax on the prices if u are logged in as a member.

Jack

• Beginner
    • Naughty Husky
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 17:31:41 pm »
Any solutions yet? I just upgraded from 1.0.15 to 1.1.4 and it seems all prices display as 1/11th of price db.
In store configuration country is set and currency set.

(decimals and currency symbol also not showing)