Author Topic: Prices displaying wrong  (Read 3002 times)

Caesar

• Beginner
Prices displaying wrong
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:53:09 pm »
Ive just installed a clean install of the latest package and installed the sample data, but I have noticed the prices display wrong on the installed products and on products I add.

For example, the Chain Saw is 149 but on the front end of the site displays as 162.36, and when I added a product that costs 19.99 it displays as 21.64.

Any idea why? I have no taxes or shipping rates turned on or anything like that at all.

Thomas Kampp

• Joomla Developer
    • Toolmaster.dk
Re: Prices displaying wrong
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 21:22:59 pm »
I have a similar problem.... All my product prices (allmost all above 150) are shown as 28,25 and around that area. There does not seem to be any pattern in what price the prduct is given.

Joomla 1.5.7 and VM 1.1.2. I have tried reinstalling and manual upgrade several times. I have checked all database tables and even compared to a several fresh installs on other sites. Everything seems correct, and still the problem is there.

This points to be a huge code bug (and one of the most serious I could imagine).
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk

ltempest

• Tempest Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:10:50 pm »
I think this may be a tax issue. Try turning off Virtual Tax in the Config. I have the same problem, my product has a price of 595 but the frontend shows 699.13. I do want to add vat to the price but only at the basket stage and not on the product flypage or category listing page.

Can anyone advise how to do this?

Thanks

Lee

Thomas Kampp

• Joomla Developer
    • Toolmaster.dk
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:18:50 pm »
Sure, this changes the amount, but only the tax. In other words the price is wrong even before the tax is calculated. I still have no idea how a price of 178 can become 23 (and 29 with tax switched on)...
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk

ltempest

• Tempest Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »
I have found a fix for mine in another post, within the Shopper Groups, turn off the display prices with tax option on the default shopper group. This now displays the price as entered in the product details, and only adds the tax at checkout stage.

Hope that helps

Lee

Jack

• Beginner
    • Naughty Husky
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 17:41:38 pm »
Any solutions yet? I just upgraded from 1.0.15 to 1.1.4 and it seems all prices display as 1/11th of price db.
In store configuration country is set and currency set.
All show tax options switched off, etc etc

(decimals and currency symbol also not showing)