Author Topic: Search module error on livesite  (Read 3799 times)

BernardE

• Wooza Shop - Online mall and shops
Search module error on livesite
« on: May 08, 2008, 22:18:10 pm »
Hi

I had some problems with my search module not working when I transfered to remote server.

My setup is J1.5.2 and VM1.1

The search on the standard virtuemart module was still working. I then looked at the code and saw the standard module's search made use of GET method to post the search form, while the search module made use of the POST method. Once I changed this it worked.

Seems like strange behavior to me - can't really explain it. Maybe something worth looking at.

jneves

• Beginner
Re: Search module error on livesite
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:01:03 pm »
Hi! Have you resolve your problem??

BernardE

• Wooza Shop - Online mall and shops
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 15:47:18 pm »
Yes, I changed the POST operator to GET in the search module, and this solved the problem.

RHollister

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:28:42 am »
Hello BernardE, I am glad to hear someone has fixed this obvious shortfall. I hope that you can elaborate further. I am using the mod_virtuemart_search, and I see the form is using post instead of get as you are describing. So I changed:
<form action="<?php $sess->purl( $mm_action_url."index.php?page=shop.browse" ) ?>" method="post" style="width:230px;">

to

<form action="<?php $sess->purl( $mm_action_url."index.php?page=shop.browse" ) ?>" method="get" style="width:230px;">

This unfortunately did not fix my problems, I am getting a 404 error now. When I look in the URL repository I see the attempt to rewrite the URL but it is not finding it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

X_Burner

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 14:17:55 pm »
Same problem with 404 here :(

X_Burner