News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Choose shipping method not appearing for UPS.

Started by Glen Chancy, May 07, 2008, 23:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen Chancy

Hello -
I have VM 1.1 running on Joomla 1.5.2

I have the shipping module for UPS configured identically to its previous configuration on Joomla 1.0.13 and VM 1.0.13

The problem is that the shipping method is not appearing. When the customer goes to check out, the shipping methods all come in blank. I read the previous post that said the shipping zip had to be different than the ship-to zip. That is the case here, so I don't know why this is happening.

Any ideas?

Glen

Glen Chancy

Thanks. Actually, the problem was that I had zero weights!

No weight, no shipping calculation. I added weights, and now all is fine.

z-analysts

I have the same problem however my products DO HAVE weights assigned to them. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

VM 1.1.1
Joomla 1.5.2

hsut888

You do have to have dimensions defined! That's fixed my problem ;)

tjordan

Same Problems. I cant' get UPS to calculate shipping rates.
Here is my configuration:

VM Settings:
Under Configuration/Shippping: UPS Online Tools Shipping Calculation is specified. Others are disabled.
Under Shipper/Shipper List: UPS is the only option available with listorder 0.
Under Shipping Rates: There are none listed. (I'm assuming this is what I'd use for auto-calculation. I created one called UPS Ground earlier with a 1.00 shipping, and that worked fine, however that's not using the autocalculation, so that won't work)

Versions:

• Virtuemart 1.1.2
  • Joomla 1.5.4

I Do have dimensions as well as weights defined.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give. At this point I have three other carts to configure and I'd consider paying someone to figure this shipping issue out. This is the last major hurdle I need to cross and then I'll be live.

The web site, if you need to check it out, is: www.twistednetworx.com. Click on Products to get to the VM cart.

Thanks

Regards,
Tommy Jordan
Twisted Networx, Inc.
http://www.twnetworx.com

//-I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. -// Douglas Adams

hsut888

tjordan, I think you need to configure your store shipping module. Go to Store - Shipping Module list - Configure Ship Method. Have you set up your configuration correctly there? Put UPS Packaging to unknown and Ship From Zip Code to your zip code (or where you want your stuff to be shipped from). At the check list just check any shipping methods that you want applicable to your customer. And at the access code you do definitely need to have it by opening an UPS account. Well, it worked for me and i hope it work for you too. Good luck!:)