Author Topic: sh404SEF & VM Search Results  (Read 36977 times)

woonydanny

Re: sh404SEF & VM Search Results
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 15:07:00 pm »
i am still having an error with VM1.1.2 and sh404sef.

There is something weird still happening so that the sorting of ascending and descending of price, sku, product name and lastest products dont work correctly. It seems to be work sometimes and not others, then pagination wont let you go past page 2. it will just show you page 2 even if you click on page 5.

I am just about to crack it with joomla and VM. firstly VM doesnt work with the native J1.5 sef so i have to use sh404sef so that users can go to the checkout, but ive had a bunch of problems with sh404sef and VM as well.

I all want is something that works and that works for the users as if im a user and click on sort by price or something i would expect that to work!

pdvdz

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 12:10:36 pm »
I have the same problem.
Tried everything but the pagination problem still exists. I'm using the latest versions of Virtuemart (1.1.2) and sh404SEF (1.3.8) with Joomla 1.0.15

My biggest problem is that (with sh404SEF enabled) it's not possible to go to another VM browse page. For example, if you have a category with more than two pages, all pages are 'page_1' in sh404SEF so you always get the same page and it's impossible to go further.

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 14:29:20 pm »
Please open your VM sef plugin and comment limit and limitstart lines as well as orderby.
! Do not modify last lines of the plugin (those that include limit and limitstart).

This will make navigation work smooth, but you will no longer have page-1, page-2 for manufacturers, all products in shop and search, but if you want to change orderby while browsing page 5, you will remain on page 5!! and the URL will temporarily show orderby and asc/desc till you go to another page.

Ok now a one last thing: there is a problem with top limitbox, so you have to comment the folowing lines in browse_orderbyform.tpl.php

Code: [Select]
<?php $pagenav->writeLimitBox$search_string ); ?>
<noscript><input type="submit" value="<?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_SUBMIT'?>" /></noscript>

I hope it helps,
Danny

like this
Code: [Select]
<!-- <?php $pagenav->writeLimitBox$search_string ); ?>
<noscript><input type="submit" value="<?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_SUBMIT'?>" /></noscript> -->

pdvdz

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 11:40:31 am »
That does the trick, I can now browse all pages.
Strange thing is that every page has a sef url of 'page1', even if it's page 4 or whatever.

goldlink

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:05 am »
Hi everybody,
Thank you for helping dancetools, BUT I have a problem...
I use Joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.0.13
the second point (locate this file : components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/browse/includes/browse_orderbyform.tpl.) I don't find this file
and the third point I find file, but Idon't find this line $parameter_form = $tpl->fetch( 'browse/includes/browse_searchparameterform.tpl.php' );

You could help me please, I do not know where most beat your head!

Regards,

goldlink.

2 - to fix the problem with order_by, next pages, and order ASC/DES listing,
locate this file : components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/browse/includes/browse_orderbyform.tpl.php
at line 30 :
if( !empty( $product_type_id )) {
echo $ps_product_type->get_parameter_form($product_type_id);
}
replaced by :
if( !empty( $product_type_id )) {
echo '<input type="hidden" name="product_type_id" value="'.$product_type_id.'" />';
echo $ps_product_type->get_parameter_form($product_type_id);
}
3 last but not least : to make the button "modify prameters" appear again !
locate this file : administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php
at line 148:
$parameter_form = $tpl->fetch( 'browse/includes/browse_searchparameterform.tpl.php' );
replaced by :
$parameter_form = $tpl->fetch( 'browse/includes/browse_searchparameter_form.tpl.php' );

dancetools

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 14:35:25 pm »
hi,

to goldlink,
please be aware that this thread is about virtuemart 1.1
that's why you cannot locate these file/lines of code. in your 1.0.x.  ::)

regards.
laurent

mark82

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 01:26:27 am »
Anyone know the exact fix for the breadcrumbs error on VM 1.0.1 3 beta. On the advanced search parameters page I get the html code displayed as a link in the breadcrumbs instead of the actual link
child search cats are fine just this initial page causes this

I tried the update 2 patches to the latest version of vm as well as dancetools suggested fix here and they caused php errors so had to restore.

I just need to know the exact files to replace/code to replace as I cannot now overwrite all of the other template files as my site is complete but with this annoying bug.

Im not using SEF urls and wont be doing - they dont work at all in my joomla 1.5.0 and again cause a php error when enabled.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help or suggest a solution amongst the 1000s of files which work this software.

mark82

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 00:09:13 am »
I answer my own question:

The fix for me was to overwrite administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.parameter_search.php. with the latest version

I tried the patches and upgrades and they wrecked my layout. virtuemart parser did not work either. This one specific file fixed it. I think i will restore all the other files i had overwritten when trying the patches and just leave this one. There are too many conflicts and too many other files which will overwrite my hard work on the template to risk doing the full patch from 1.1.0 beta 3 - 1.1.1 - 1.1.3

The supposed fix re the SEF urls is irrelevant to this breadcrumbs bug IMO it doesnt fix the bug of the breadcrumbs link html showing instead of the link title.

Hope this helps someone else like me who unfortunately uses the earlier versions.

chuckscroggs

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 21:42:21 pm »
I use Joomla 1.5.9 and Virtuemart 1.1.2

There is no solution to the problem in this topic or any other topic I've read. The page navigation stays screwed up whether the changes are made or whether they are not. The sh404sef and virtuemart DO NOT WORK TOGETHER!!!

I challenge anyone to show me a live website using these 2 and prove me wrong!

Thanks.

P.S. I have read much on this issue in many posts and I don't understand why this has not been addressed by the virtuemart code developers before now. You would think an issue this huge would be dealt with. If a client can't even have customers navigate their site, why use virtuemart at all? I guess we could turn off the sef and not have the site even on page 1 of the search engines.

I also know about the easier router.php options but they don't work properly either. It seems to me (A lowly Designer) that there are no programmers out there that even understand how this thing works. Many hack and many try hard but there are no answers that see results except for one guy who then posts back later that it really didn't work for him either.

Show me one good virtuemart website that uses sef and works properly in ALL ASPECTS and then give me the number to that programmer!