Author Topic: Templates gettign confused with SEF  (Read 5157 times)

Mike

• Beginner
Templates gettign confused with SEF
« on: May 07, 2008, 17:45:08 pm »
Hi All,

I am hoping someone might be able to help with these funny occurrences on my site. I have VM 1.1, joomla 1.0.13 and artio joomsef.

I have created two new product_details templates and one of these is set as the default for the site.
I have created a category for tournament entries and at present this has two items in it. I have set this category to have its own browse page (no problem there) and to use its own template for the details page however this is where it falls down.

One of the products displays properly however the other product appears to use the same template as rest of the site, which it is not supposed to do.
The template I have designed is so everything shows as 100%.

You can see the correct one at: http://www.uktenpin.com/shop/products/amf-macc-2008-07-triplex-entry
And the wrong one at: http://www.uktenpin.com/shop/products/amf-macc-2008-06-9tap-entry

No matter what I try I can not get it t show the correct template apart from when I turn SEF off for virtuemart which I really do not want to do.
I tried:
Updating the SEF ext so the flypage was added as a none sef parameter.
Turning off all known caches modules and the main joomla one and clearing all know cache files on the server that might be left over.
Clearing all cookies and files on my own computer but I also tested this at work and it is doing it on that computer using IE.

Another interesting thing I have found but can not get rid no matter what I try.
In the left module we have the manufacturers module showing but on some of the titles it adds a number by default to the url (For example /shop/brunswick-3 instead of /shop/brunswick) and I can not get rid unless I manually change the url in sef.

Has anyone seen either of these things before or have any suggestions on what I can try next to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

• Beginner
Re: Templates gettign confused with SEF
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 21:05:22 pm »
Interestingly when I created a new item and assigned it to the tournament category it showed the correct flypage.
But still no joy on changing the first item or getting rid of those numbers in the urls.