Author Topic: Latest Product Module Layout Issue  (Read 4358 times)

pablo0713

• Beginner
    • PabloRiosPHOTOGRAPHY
Latest Product Module Layout Issue
« on: May 06, 2008, 17:49:14 pm »
Hello all,

I have searched for a topic related to my issue so if I've missed it, please point me to the right thread.

I am using the Latest Product module on the front page. Clicking on a thumbnail does not refresh the front page with product details. Instead, it loads the product details below the Latest Product module. When I first installed, it seemed to work correctly. Can anyone help me fix this? I want the Latest Products module to work just like browsing products. Click on thumbnail, screen refreshes with product details page! Thanks!

BTW, using Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.

Thanks again!

PS: Web site is http://www.manojenterprises.com - you'll see what I mean on the front page.

pablo0713

• Beginner
    • PabloRiosPHOTOGRAPHY
Re: Latest Product Module Layout Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 18:14:41 pm »
Well, I've got it down to module position. If I place the Latest Products in the left or right module position, it works. Click on thumbnail and product details shows up in user1 module position. So, to me, the problem I am having is how to make the Latest Product module load in user1 and refresh user1 with product details rather than have product details load below the Latest Product thumbnails. I tried moving the module to user2, but that didn't solve the problem. *bangs head against wall* I'll keep playing until I or someone else provides a solution.

pablo0713

• Beginner
    • PabloRiosPHOTOGRAPHY
Re: Latest Product Module Layout Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 19:07:31 pm »
I think I solved my problem. I just moved the latest products module to the footer position and clicking on a latest products thumbnail will load the product details into user1 position. The cool thing about this is it still displays the latest products module on the front page (like if I had placed it in the left or right position) until the user decides to go deeper into the store via the catalog. Anyway, I'll have to create a separate section for the latest products module to load up right above the footer position in my template index page.