Main Menu

Cart does not Go To Paypal for Payment

Started by Mark Robinson, May 06, 2008, 02:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Robinson

VM 1.1
J 1.5
Paypal is the only payment method
I have not done anything to the notify.php script because I can't figure out what the manual is telling me to do. IPN testing process is also unclear.

After Entering Customer Info, I get a "Confirm Order" screen.
WHen I press Confirm Order it says "Your Order Has Been Placed"
When does it go to paypal and get the payment info?

I have reviewed thread http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39156.0 that suggested I set to Silent Account Creation and I have posted the New Paypal Code sugested there. Test is set to "NO" and I've entered a valid paypal acct name. PS_Patpal, Html Form.

Still nothing

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks

Mike

Set the account creation to: normal.

There is a know bug at the moment with the other types of account creation.

Hope this helps.

websnail

Quote from: Mike on May 15, 2008, 12:43:21 PM
Set the account creation to: normal.
There is a know bug at the moment with the other types of account creation.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing that nugget... Wondered what was going on there.

courtfool

I was having the same problem, changed it to normal, but now I am having a new problem.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@', expecting ')' in /home/partner5/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/themes/vm_red/templates/pages/checkout.thankyou.tpl.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 13

still not switching to paypal, and I dont know enough about scripting to figure it out, can anyone clue me in? I thought maybe it was because I was using a different template but I get the same error with the default template.

thanks

talder88

Hi I'm new here & I am having exactly the same problem, I have read through all  these replies & tried what they have suggested & I still have the same problem what am I doing wrong?

Also I am new to joomla & virtuemart so please help  :)

Thanks

talder88

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who knows of any solution to this problem, just that i am in the process of finishing my site & i really need to fix this problem asap as the site is going live shortly.

Sorry to keep on just it is kinda urgent

Thanks

starlus

Hi all!
  I encountered this problem as well and have been looking at all the threads here for a fix... at least I'm not alone!

However... I also noticed that if you let someone buy something without registering, then it's impossible for them to view their order again. The link in the confirmation email needs them to log in to view... obviously they can't!

This is by no means a Virtuemart issue, any site that doesn't require registration has that problem, but when I noticed it here I figured the best fix was just to set registration to normal instead of optional. It solved the Paypal issue, meant they could log in to view their order/status, and got rid of this problem I have where non-registered users seemed to have their order made in another registered user's name. I think a few people have also had that issue with 'silent registration' set.

Anyway... just thought I'd mention all this, if it's not an inconvenience then maybe a change of settings could be more useful than a fix!

talder88

Hi,

I have hust tried setting the site for registering an account & it created the account during the checkout process but when I get to the end of the checkout process it still doesn't let me log into PayPal to make payment, still submit order, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Thomas Trautman

I'm having the same sort of error.  after I confirm my order the script bombs out

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mosRedirect() in xxx/xxx/xxx/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/checkout.thankyou.tpl.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 36

I have joomla 1.15.3 and VM 1.1.1
running on a live server

cvoogt

I had this same problem and figured out it on my own (in other words, three hours of trial and error). Wish I'd seen this thread then, though I really did search the forum.

For me the problem was that I had account creation set to No Account Creation.
I am now using Silent Account Creation and this seems fine.

For me this problem was not restricted to PayPal but also affected 2checkout and Worldpay which I tried just for the sake of knowing whether only PayPal was affected.

nomad

did anyone work this out? having a similar problem, not getting redirected to external payment page. Was set up with No Account Creation, then changed tried Normal Account Creation and still the same, no redirect, just confirms the order. I notice in known issues there is a fix for this in VM 1.1.2 - No Account Creation and PayPal not working (no redirection link to PayPal) Fixed in VM 1.1.2 http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39006.0
though as i said, it is still doing it for Normal Account Creation for me. I am not using Paypal though
When is vm 1.1.2 being released? keeps saying in 2 weeks, this week etc

ncase

After trying several methods (including php modifications) to fix this issue. I finally found the answer I desperately needed:

Enable the 'Legacy Mode' plugin.. not sure why you need to (bug?) but it's a VERY easy fix to a problem that plagued me for days.

In your Joomla! control panel select:
Extensions > Plugin Manager > Legacy Plugin (ENABLE)

worked for me on both 'silent' and 'normal' account type creation.

Cheers!
Case

Penn Wooding

I am having exactly the same problem.  You make an order, it tells you that it has completed, but nothing has happened in PayPal.  Are you using 1.5?  I can't find this legacy plug-in you are talking about.  I am using 1.015, how can I fix the problem in this version?

Penn Wooding

Well I finally solved my problem with PayPal not working, really easy, I went back to 1.13 and it works perfectly okay. Luckily, I'm only selling one product said he took me about an hour to set or what probably again and now PayPal is working okay.

I think this is something that everyone needs to know before installing the latest version of the program.  If you are going to install virtuemart and only have PayPal as your payment system, do not install the latest version until someone has come up with a reliable fix. I have read a couple of people we seem to have found a solution, however it seems these people are using 1.5, I preferred 1.015 myself so none of these threads help me.

don't get me wrong, I really do like the software, but it seems to have a lot of bugs and it seems there are lots of questions without many answers.

Jay036

Really frustrating this one!

I managed to get orders to go to paypal by setting the Legacy mode ON in J1.5

???