Author Topic: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 2.1 for VM 1.1 + J1.5  (Read 721896 times)

Marco

Re: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 2.1 for VM 1.1 + J1.5
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2008, 15:08:44 pm »
So, no error anymore?

kingtech

• Beginner
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2008, 15:10:57 pm »
oh... when do I receive the error? when navigating to the display product page, clicking add to cart from the category browse page...

I usually am running PHP4, but changed it to PHP5 after that error, still same issue...

I mentioned I am using J1.0.15 ... not J1.5...

It seems the error is when the JHTML call is made in addtocart_form.tpl.php ... this is a PHP class, I gather, but I am not very advanced with object oriented programming ... yet...

No, there is no error anymore, because I removed it.

Nemesis02

• Beginner
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2008, 16:13:39 pm »
Ok, from this example you gave in a previous post:
Code: [Select]
Matching Tag Name(text)(Up to 40 Chars|field-below)(|char_nospace)(checkbox:group1,Select to purchase Personalized Matching Tags.,24);
Matching Tag Date(text)(Up 24 Char.|field-below)(|char_nospace)(checkbox:group1);
Matching Tag(select)(|)(Yes [+0.35](checkbox:group1);
Personalized Tag Name(text)(|)(|char_nospace)(checkbox:group,Select to purchase Personalized Tags.,24);
Personalized Tag Date(text)(|)(|char_nospace)(checkbox:group);
Personalized Tag Shape(select)(|)(Select Option,Diamond,Heart,Circle,None)(checkbox:group);
Personalized Tag Design(select)(|)(Select Option,Cupid,Cosmopolitan,Classical,Grecian,Victorian,Contemporary,Baroque,Garden,None)(checkbox:group);
Personalized Tag Color(select)(|)(Select Option,Red,Periwinkle,Pale Yellow,Blue,Light Blue,Ballet Pink,Burgundy,Pink,Lavender,Sage,Hot Pink,Mint,Pearl Gray,Deep Lilac,Coral,None)(checkbox:group,test);
Personalized Tag(select)(|)(Yes [+0.35](checkbox:group);
(select)(|)(No Tags)(checkbox:group2,No tags please.)

It's not checkbox, its radiobutton.  That displays it, but now i have some sort of javascript error.

Marco

« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2008, 17:16:57 pm »
It is either way, you can have checkboxes or radiobutton, not both, Ben explained me.
But I don't know when you can set one or the other.
Have to ask Ben this, believe it has something to do with the extra template pages JK made.

I mentioned I am using J1.0.15 ... not J1.5...

Ok, didn't read your first post to well, with J1.0.15 you have to ask others, maybe start a new topic to see if you can get to a working version together.
This hack was made for J1.5 and VM1.1

Nemesis02

• Beginner
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2008, 17:45:01 pm »
After looking over the code, checkbox is not working, radiobutton is the one that works.  He did not include the checkbox include into the custom templates which invalidated checkbox.  After adding the include, checkbox worked.

On another note, aside from that issue, it works now, i figured out my problem is that my page had jquery also loaded into it and it overwrote javascripts default $$ with its own.

Nemesis02

• Beginner
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2008, 18:22:23 pm »
Here's a working copy of v2.15 for VM 1.1.2.

Modifications:
*  Renamed the folder "custom attribute" to "custom_attribute" under the directory components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\product_details\includes\
*  Added ps_product_custom_type_checkbox_selector.tpl.php include to text and select files under custom_attribute.

The example in one of the previous posts will work, and it will work with radiobutton and checkbox instead of just radiobutton.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

kingtech

• Beginner
« Reply #201 on: August 06, 2008, 07:29:46 am »
Ok, didn't read your first post to well, with J1.0.15 you have to ask others, maybe start a new topic to see if you can get to a working version together.

giving up on it.. maybe will do a conversion to J1.5, but this is a headache too, as I have to rebuild template for J1.5, and many custom components and hacks for j1.0 are in there as well...

All I really wanted was the custom attribute of a drop down date field.

Nemesis02

• Beginner
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2008, 15:32:39 pm »
giving up on it.. maybe will do a conversion to J1.5, but this is a headache too, as I have to rebuild template for J1.5, and many custom components and hacks for j1.0 are in there as well...
All I really wanted was the custom attribute of a drop down date field.

You should be able to load your 1.0 modules and components under 1.5 if you have legacy mode enabled.

gunerh

• Beginner
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2008, 17:33:32 pm »
I am having problems with file upload attribute. I have done the instructions completeley but still no success in uploading files. Can anybody please help me out about that. I am using the last version of the hack for vm1.1.2 and j1.5.
thnx
Huseyin

Nemesis02

• Beginner
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2008, 18:03:16 pm »
I am having problems with file upload attribute. I have done the instructions completeley but still no success in uploading files. Can anybody please help me out about that. I am using the last version of the hack for vm1.1.2 and j1.5.
thnx
Huseyin

The first option you must give it is a path to where it stores the files, have you made the directory you want it to store the files in?

Secondly, have you set the permissions for that folder to allow it for people to upload?  I believe it should be set to 766.

ivo claessens

• Beginner
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2008, 18:37:04 pm »
Hi guys,

Modifications:
*  Renamed the folder "custom attribute" to "custom_attribute" under the directory components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\product_details\includes\
*  Added ps_product_custom_type_checkbox_selector.tpl.php include to text and select files under custom_attribute.
The example in one of the previous posts will work, and it will work with radiobutton and checkbox instead of just radiobutton.

I tested this version, and it lookes like it is working ok now.

I'm willing to pay the $45 to ad also the textarea attribute to the template system. bgstovall, do you take care of this like you posted in #106, or do i need to contact JK myself? Let me know, than i will pay you trough Paypal.

An other question i have is that images added to an selectable item in a dropdown box don't show up anymore in this a bug or is this by design for this version? And if so, can they be added again to the Dropdown attribute?

thanks,

Ivo

Marco

« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2008, 19:11:25 pm »
thnx
Huseyin
The first option you must give it is a path to where it stores the files, have you made the directory you want it to store the files in?
Secondly, have you set the permissions for that folder to allow it for people to upload?  I believe it should be set to 766.

In VM configuration there is an attribute tab, were you can set the default upload path. Even default max and min file size and file types can be set there.

I'm willing to pay the $45 to ad also the textarea attribute to the template system. bgstovall, do you take care of this like you posted in #106, or do i need to contact JK myself? Let me know, than i will pay you trough Paypal.
An other question i have is that images added to an selectable item in a dropdown box don't show up anymore in this a bug or is this by design for this version? And if so, can they be added again to the Dropdown attribute?

The price JK metioned at the time was while he was doing the whole modification for Ben Stovall. So, adding it now could be a different price.
Did the images show up right in the .13 version of the script, could you tell this? It could be a  version .15 bug.

ivo claessens

• Beginner
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2008, 20:53:59 pm »
The price JK metioned at the time was while he was doing the whole modification for Ben Stovall. So, adding it now could be a different price.
Did the images show up right in the .13 version of the script, could you tell this? It could be a  version .15 bug.
Ok, just make a price for it what it will cost now.
The images worked in version .13 yes. I creadet a string that worked then, but now not anymore.

Marco

« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2008, 21:44:52 pm »
I will contact JK with your questions.

Nemesis02

• Beginner
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2008, 06:50:46 am »
Hi guys,
Modifications:
I tested this version, and it lookes like it is working ok now.
thanks,
Ivo

What text area attribute to the template? You mean to the grouping?  There's already a text area attribute in the mod.  If so, i can sell my services to do that.  Heh, poor college student myself, could use the extra cash.