Author Topic: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 2.1 for VM 1.1 + J1.5  (Read 658889 times)

leorobles

• Beginner
Re: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 2.1 for VM 1.1 + J1.5
« Reply #1110 on: October 25, 2012, 22:55:25 pm »
Hi
What is the latest version of this hack? The site is your last?
http://www.webgobe.ro/en/download/component-hacks.html

webgobe

• Advanced
  • Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/webgobe
    • Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs.
« Reply #1111 on: October 26, 2012, 09:53:00 am »
yes, that's the latest.
Like a fine wine... Good from the start and getting better over time.
Donations are welcome!

webgobe

• Advanced
    • Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs.
« Reply #1112 on: October 26, 2012, 09:54:36 am »

Thank you for the offer, but I have since fixed the problem. I appreciate the help in the matter.

Thanks again,
-Brad
And can you share what was? Just to learn about the possible pitfalls!
Donations are welcome!

leorobles

• Beginner
« Reply #1113 on: November 02, 2012, 20:12:04 pm »
You always helped me and now it's time to help you, have you seen this? VM 1.2 (VM 1.1.9 is for Joomla 2.5)
The link is below:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/vm11j25/frs/
The latest version of your hack is CAE9.zip?
Hugs and thanks.

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #1114 on: November 02, 2012, 20:24:13 pm »
Yes, that's the latest! Thanks!
Donations are welcome!

kvetka

• Beginner
    • Ooh-la-la-la Beadtique.com
« Reply #1115 on: November 25, 2012, 06:00:38 am »
Hello I wonder if anyone could help.

I've installed the Custom Attributes Extended Hack 2.1

I'm running:
Joomla 1.5.22
Virtuemart 1.1.7

Everything seems to work fine except for one issue.
I can not seem to be able to add text lines. What I mean is this, I can add radio buttons, file upload fields, text box, etc, but I can't add just one line of text filed.
For instance if I place the following code into the attribute description it won't show up on my flypage.

Front Text(text)(Up to 40 Chars|fieldbelow)(|
char_nospace)(checkbox:group1,Select to customise your TShirt,
25);Color(select)(Select a color|title-hover)(Blue
[+5.00],Red[+10.00],Green[-3.00]*)(checkbox:group1)

or this code:
name(text)(1.00 per character|field-below)(|1.00|char);

All attribute types, work fine except for plain "text" (text) is not showing up for some reason. If I type (textarea) I will get the nice text box graphic for text area. Which is fine for the "message" part that my clients need to enter.

But I also need just one line text field, and not just a huge text box. I need my clients to enter "name" and another for "email". The text box is too huge for that.

Am I missing something? why is my text attribute type not showing up in my product description?

Here is my product page, where textarea attribute type field shows up fine, but no text attribute type is not visible at all.
http://oohlalabeadtique.com/handmade-jewelry-gift-certificates/detail/53-gift-cards/flypage.pbv.v2/424-2500-oohlalalbeadtiquecom-gift-card?sef=hcfp

Please any help would be appreciated.

Kvetka

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #1116 on: November 25, 2012, 11:11:26 am »
Weird, I never see this problem before....
Donations are welcome!

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #1117 on: November 25, 2012, 11:12:45 am »
Can you post here a link to a product which have this attribute added, but not showing?
Donations are welcome!

kvetka

• Beginner
« Reply #1118 on: November 25, 2012, 19:17:55 pm »
THANK YOU Webgobe for responding and looking into the matter.

Here is the link for a product:
http://oohlalabeadtique.com/handmade-jewelry-gift-certificates/detail/53-gift-cards/flypage.pbv.v2/424-25-oohlalalbeadtiquecom-gift-card?sef=hcfp

It's the $25.00 gift card.

When I look at the page source and I scan through the code I don't see it in there at all.

At the back of of my joomla, in virtuemart - in the products custom attributes I wrote this code:

(heading)(|)(How would you like to give your gift card?|1|align="left");
(heading)(|)(Email|2|align="left");
(checkbox)(another tip|field-below)
( Email this gift card to me and let me print out a writeable gift card|,  Email this gift card to the recipient|);
Recipient Email(text)(Up to 40 Chars|fieldbelow)(|
char_nospace)(checkbox:group1,Email this gift card to the recipient);Recipient Name
Text(text)(Up to 40 Chars|fieldbelow)(|
char_nospace)(checkbox:group1);
(heading)(|)(Brief Note to the Recipient:|7|align="left");
(textarea)(Brief Note to the Recipient:)(Please type here maximum 50 characters...|field-above);
(heading)(|)(Regular mail|2|align="left");
(checkbox)(another tip|field-below)
( Send this gift card by post mail to the recipient|)

However in the front end the part of the code that has (text) attribute is not showing on product page, nor is it showing in page source.

This is the missing part of the code

char_nospace)(checkbox:group1,Email this gift card to the recipient);Recipient Name

I'm a complete newbie, not a programer, and I understand basic html and a bit of css. I'm an artist and graphic designer. So what I am about to suggest might be completely off, but this is what I'm thinking:

If the code is present in the back end of virtuemart, and it stays there after saving, problem is with some command somewhere in php file. The command or the definition for the (text) attribute type is missing, so it doesn't get carried over to the front. Is there a php file where all the attribute types like (file), (textarea), (line) are all defined? May be the definition for the (text) attribute type is missing there, or it is  // by mistake - typo.

This is just a suggestion. As I said I know nothing of coding or programing. What do you think?

Kvetka

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #1119 on: November 26, 2012, 09:45:40 am »
What you say it's logical - but the problem is much more complex. First of all, the "text" attribute is the one of oldest parts of the hack. The attributes are handled by some functions, triggered by the (text) string in this case.
I would need to examine the files on your server to find the failure point, but you can try one thing (a simple, commonplace debugging exercise). Take one product, and add to the custom attributes box ONLY the missing code, so
and see what's happens. I suspect, that is not the (text) attribute, is something else causing the problem.
Donations are welcome!

kvetka

• Beginner
« Reply #1120 on: November 26, 2012, 19:43:33 pm »
Thank you webgobe. I've already tried that, and nothing shows up in the custom attributes. As if there was no code added at all.

I'm going to try and uninstall the whole custom attributes extended hack, and re-install it step by step again. Perhaps there was an issue during installation.

I'm also thinking of giving the 3.0 version - your latest version a try instead of 2.1.
From what I understand  the custom attributes extended hack 3.0 is for virtuemart 1.1.9, but can be used on earlier versions of virtuemart as well.
My virtumeart is 1.1.7.

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #1121 on: November 26, 2012, 20:38:21 pm »
should work on that, earlies version tested with is 1.1.3. Text attribute should work with every release.
Donations are welcome!

kvetka

• Beginner
« Reply #1122 on: November 27, 2012, 18:02:41 pm »
Hi Webgobe,

I've changed up my language file, and I don't want to loose my changes if I replace it with the language file from the custom attributes extended hack 3.0. I was wondering if you could tell me what lines were added to the english.php. Would you remember?

Kvetka

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #1123 on: November 27, 2012, 18:22:59 pm »
/common/english.php they are at the very end of the file:
Code: [Select]
'PHPSHOP_ROLO' => 'Rulou',
'PHPSHOP_WITH_ROLO' => 'with rulou',
'PHPSHOP_HEIGTH' => 'Heigth',
'PHPSHOP_HEIGTH_ALLOWED' => ' Allowed heigth is between %s mm and %s mm',
'PHPSHOP_HEIGTH_ERROR' => 'Heigth not in allowed limits, values entered for dimensions will be ignored, defaults will be used instead.',
'PHPSHOP_WIDTH' => 'Width',
'PHPSHOP_WIDTH_ALLOWED' => ' Allowed width is between %s mm and %s mm',
'PHPSHOP_WIDTH_ERROR' => 'Width not in allowed limits, values entered for dimensions will be ignored, defaults will be used instead.'
Probably the first 2 lines are unimportant for you - there are remnants of a variant of the hack.
Donations are welcome!

kvetka

• Beginner
« Reply #1124 on: November 27, 2012, 20:02:08 pm »
Thank you webgobe.

I've added the code into the language file, and I've uploaded all files from the converted custom attributes hack 3.0.

And I'm still having the same problem as before.
I'm running a custom theme in my virtumeart, so I've added the js files in the right place. I also modified my custom theme addtocart_form.php. There were two sections of code that I've added. Since I know nothing of php, I figured may be I don't know what I'm doing and I've added the code wrongly.

So I decided to run my store on the default theme, just to see if the extended hack attributes will work. Of course I've uploaded all files into the default theme section also. The js folder, and all other files. I've made sure my entire store was set to default theme. Then I went to the category where I've products where I like to use extended attributes hack, and I've made sure that even the category browse and fly page was set to a default.

Guess what I'm still having the same problem. The (text) attribute type won't work in the default theme, and what I've also noticed is, that even thou the radio buttons and the text area show up on the product page, when I select a radio button or write into the textbox, add to cart, go check out, the whole selection is lost. It doesn't show up in there. So I think you might be right that the problem is much bigger then the (text) attribute type.

I just can't get this hack working.