HiUpdate juli 2009:
For some time now I'm not using this hack myself anymore.
So please don't PM me with questions.
I did not develope the hack I only paid for the conversion from the old hack.
I received the package of the converted custom attributes extended hack 2.1 for VM 1.1 and joomla 1.5.
You can download it here.This package is still a beta version of the conversion.
So don't use it for a production site.
Be sure to backup before you upload this hack!
You install it just by overwriting the existing files.
It is a conversion of the Custom Attributes Extended 2.1 [Hack] made by Barnett.(http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=28192.0
The syntax used to built custom attributes is the same as the old hack.
The 2.1 version seemed to have a file upload problem and a cart update problem.
Those are gone in this VM 1.1 joomla 1.5 version.
The conversion is done by Joseph Kwan(JK), who is also active on the VM forum.
He did a great job, but the hack needs more testing to get the bugs out, as much as possible.
Although I paid JK to do the conversion, he put in some time of his own because of the problems that were in the original hack.
So when you like the hack and going to use it when it is stable, consider to make a small donation to JK.
In his forum signature you will find a donate link.Things that are added to this hack:1.
Date Prefix is added to the uploaded filename. The name shown in the cart is the original filename.2.
You are able to set an upload directory outside your webroot3.
File Upload defaults (/path/to/rootdirectory|filetypes|max file size|min file size) can be set in VM config. Extra tab is added.Problems allready known:1.
When add to cart is in ajax mode the file attribute gives errors and does not upload the file. (you should turn off add to cart ajax)2.
Savecart does not work
To see any error message you better turn off add to cart ajax.
To turn off add to cart ajax mode, there is a file in the package called addtocart_form_no_ajax.tpl.php rename it to addtocart_form.tpl.php and replace it.
Or go to VM configuration->Site-> Layout -> (theme)configuration -> use ajax... no.Update: 2008-08-04
Thanks to Nemesis02 version .13 and .15 is ready to use for VM 1.1.2, you can download them here or read his post
ver.15 (for VM 1.1.0)
- should fix the price attribute problem, reported in this topic.
- does not have a fix for the "," problem reported in this topic, because to fix this would need a major change of the code and JK is still looking at this.
- has 2 new features sponsored by Ben Stovall, I have not tested it yet but will try to explain it in new reply(here
- Should fix tax problem. When using tax, attribute price is shown incl. tax now.
In the syntax you still should use prices excl. tax.
- Should fix 'JHTMLBehavior' errorUpdate: 2008-05-16
Should fix child products problem.
1. File attribute type cannot be used together with ajax because ajax do not upload file.
2. Multiple attribute types cannot be used together with childlist display option : there will be conflict in field names between different children
3. Savecart cannot be used with attributes that need price calculations by given formula (such as cost/char etc.).Update: 2008-05-12
ps_product_attribute.zip added, should fix the mandatory attribute problem.
Just overwrite the ps_product_attribute.php.
Bug reported by cer.Update: 2008-05-10
Quantity add to cart fixed.
Bug reported by cerUpdate: 2008-05-09
You can download version 2.11 now.
It has some small bugfixes and an option to enable/disable savecart in VM config.
Please report your problems/bugs as clear as possible.
And don't forget to donate
[attachment cleanup by admin]